is it too early to put a 2 year old in school?

Chelsea is my only child she stays home with her nanny,that loves her so much, but i was thinking to put her in school , she is undergoing physical therapy she has low muscle tone and walks but needs more core strenght to run.
she is very social meaning when she sees kids she loves it and does not cry ,she is not shy,
i am torn between putting to school or leaving her in homecare for now and go to playdates after work,until she will be at least 3 year old to go to preschool.
what would you do in my case?

tine10

Asked by tine10 at 11:26 AM on May. 17, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i would keep her at home. ket her muscles develope a little more. kids get wild in groups. she can get plenty of socialization on weekends. there is plenty of time to get her into school, dont rush!
    bettylou420

Answer by bettylou420 at 11:31 AM on May. 17, 2009

• Sounds like it would be great for her! I teach preschool we have 2,3,4, and 5 year old classes. We go half days 8:00 to 11:15. Just look for one that has structures school days and not just daycare.

They should have lots of learning activities and playtime too!

Good luck with your decision!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 11:28 AM on May. 17, 2009

• My niece is two and she's in preschool =] She absolutely loves it.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:30 AM on May. 17, 2009

• I think getting her out for a while to socialize and be with other children is a great idea. I like mom2twobabes idea of structured learning and only part time. That way she gets the best of both worlds and in small doses (easy to adjust and less separation anxiety)

Answer by admckenzie at 11:31 AM on May. 17, 2009

• My son has low motor tone and it was recommended by the developmental pediatrician and our regular pediatrician to get him into a daycare/preschool setting so he could have better models of what he should be doing at his age (gross motor skills).

The idea was that if he saw other kids his age running, jumping, hopping, etc at age appropriate levels that he would strive to model them more and it would help him develop.

He's three, and will start going next fall 5 days a week for 2 1/2 hours per day. Since she's only 2, I'd not think that much would be appropriate, though. But that's my opinion. I'd speak to her therapist and see what she says! She'd be have a better idea of what and how much would work for your daughter! (at her age, it would be more of a daycare setting than school though)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on May. 17, 2009

• Don't be afraid to leave her at home for a while. Remember, they grow up so fast. Enjoy her why she is little.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on May. 17, 2009