Trying to fill out app but i got stuck...need help!!!!

they ask...there are many places to work why work here? if hired how long do i expect to work here? why do i think customer's shop here? what is customer service and why do so many small businesses fail???

xdeviouskittyxx

Asked by xdeviouskittyxx at 11:46 AM on May. 17, 2009 in Money & Work

• where are you applying to so i have a better idea of how to answer the questions
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 11:48 AM on May. 17, 2009

• There are many places to work, why work here? Wow...what an annoying question, I've never seen that one before! "Because you happen to be hiring" "Because I can't be picky with a bad economy".....lol, you can't be honest! What do they want people to put? "Because this is the best store ever and I've dreamed of working here all my life!"???!
    I guess I can't help you...I'm pretty bad at answering questions like those without being sarcastic.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 11:49 AM on May. 17, 2009

• They want to know that you know something about their business...that is why they are asking you those types of questions. Do a little research about the company and use it to answer those questions.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 11:51 AM on May. 17, 2009

• i am applying for cashier at Stewarts Shops...i put down the thr first question that I am applying at stewarts because I have been a customer for many years and enjoy the fast paced atmosphere, loyal customers and growth opportunities.
    the next thing i put down was..if hired how long would i expect to work at stewarts is.. I am looking for long term employment and an opportunity for personal and professional growth in the customer service feild and also the opportunity to obtain continued development of my credentials
    xdeviouskittyxx

Answer by xdeviouskittyxx at 12:00 PM on May. 17, 2009

• stll don't know what to put down about why small bussinesses fail and what is customer service
    xdeviouskittyxx

Answer by xdeviouskittyxx at 12:23 PM on May. 17, 2009

• They ask these questions because in their experience this is is good way to screen out people who do not have the communication skills necessary to succeed in the position. Be honest with yor answers. Be sure to use proper grammar and spelling. If you don't know the answer to a question, then try google.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:44 PM on May. 17, 2009

• Small business fail because they fail to meet customers requirements such as having a what they need available,personal service,quick service,friendly people,also location,and cost.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 4:42 PM on May. 17, 2009

• oh yea sometimes small business don't have the man power to run their business.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 4:43 PM on May. 17, 2009