For those who went to see "Angels and Demons"...

Do you think this movie condemns the Catholic Church, or shows the church as being steadfast and resolute in it's convictions?

BTW - I saw the movie. Personally I think the book was better. JMO.

dragonfly7271

Asked by dragonfly7271 at 11:47 AM on May. 17, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I saw it last night, it was great. I don't think it condemns the church. In fact I was on their side at some points. The story about the church murdering illuminati members long ago is true...if people are complaining about that, they need to read some history. Other than that, it's not like this movie tried to change what people believe like the last one (which I didn't disagree with, but I can see much more how someone would be offended by that one more than this one.)
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 11:57 AM on May. 17, 2009

• I saw it last night too. I was a little disappointed by all the changes they made to the story.

I think it is fairly even handed in regards to the Catholic Church, pointing out both mistakes & positives. It certainly showed that some in the church are really working for their followers with open hearts & minds while others lean towards zealotry.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 1:06 PM on May. 17, 2009

• it has came out i am totally going to see it thanks ladies..
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 2:14 PM on May. 17, 2009

• Haven't seen it yet.  I'm waiting for it to come out on DVD.  I watched the Da Vinci Code last night, still haven't finished it yet (I was too tired).

beeky

Answer by beeky at 2:39 PM on May. 17, 2009

• I haven't seen either one yet. What are they about exactly?
    Anonymous

• The Da Vinci code is about the search for the "holy grail" - basically that it was kept hidden by the Catholic Church that Jesus and Mary were married and produced a child - the child is the holy grail.
    Angels and Demons have to do with the Illuminati - and how in the book, the Illuminati raises it's ugly head to destroy the catholic church. But I won't ruin the end for you!
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 6:57 PM on May. 17, 2009

• No, just as I don't think the Da Vinci Code was anything like that. I'm sure the books are better (I've read all of Dan Brown's books, but haven't seen Angels and Demons yet, so I can't comment on that movie). I think it's another great work of fiction and that is all. He found a story line that he thought would make a good read and he ran with it. And he was right. To me, that's pretty much all his books are. Great works of fiction.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 4:02 AM on May. 18, 2009