what age babies start standing up?

My bb is 9 1/2 months old (adjustment age 8 months)...last week he started crawl....just started but now, when he sees any furniture, chair, also me, he stops crawling and wants to pull up and keps stand up....is that normal? i thought that he had to crawl for a while, the tried to stand up and then start walking......thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:34 PM on May. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My LO was standing before she could crawl. She would army scoot to something and then pull herself into a standing position. She was doing this at about 6 mos. She is now into the climbing phase, but is too short to accomplish it. She is 10 mos now and is about the size of an average 6 1/2 mos old.
    Anonymous

• They don't have to crawl at all. My oldest crawled for one week before he pulled up to stand AND cruise furniture!
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 1:37 PM on May. 17, 2009

• I don't know.... My daughter is now 9 months old. She walks. She sat up on inaugeration day and has craweld at that time too. At 6 months she was standing.
    Anonymous

• My 12 yr old walked before she crawled - she was sitting unassisted at 4 months and walking at 7 - she didn't crawl till about 11 months old because she didn't want to - she also didn't roll over till after she was sitting up for several weeks.

Kids figure things out at their own pace.
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 5:13 PM on May. 17, 2009