Is there such thing as a toddler with an overactive bladder? My 3 year old can go to the restroom and five mins later pee on herself. What is that? Is this normal?

scrawberry69

Asked by scrawberry69 at 12:35 PM on May. 17, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• POSSIBLY A UTI HAVE HER PEE IN A STERILE CUP AND TAKE IT IN TO THE DR.
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 12:39 PM on May. 17, 2009

• i would be worried about a urinary tract infection, or a bladder infection! I would take her into the doctors to get her checked out asap!
    mrsmamaj

Answer by mrsmamaj at 12:40 PM on May. 17, 2009

• I just searched asking the same question. I am still potty training and getting frustrated. My daughter turned three this 2 months ago. I've heard lots of suggestions for the training, none of which have worked, and I am beginning to think that she, too, has an overactive bladder. She can go so frequently, I can't keep up with getting her to the potty, and she won't say she has to go every time. I know she doesn't have a UTI or infection. Any help would be appreciated!!
    donnygirl

Answer by donnygirl at 9:07 PM on May. 18, 2009