when did u start letting your baby sleep in the bed with u?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:41 PM on May. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Oh don't do it! My kid will be three in September and he's slept with me since he was like two months old. If they have a nightmare fine, but trust me, it's the hardest thing to break them of and eventually all you want is your own bed back!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 12:45 PM on May. 17, 2009

• Both of my boys started sleeping with Daddy in the hospital.
    aehanrahan

Answer by aehanrahan at 12:49 PM on May. 17, 2009

• Day 1! My 2 year old now sleeps alone in a double bed. My 8 month old alternates with starting in her own bed, and I bring her into ours after about 2 am.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 1:03 PM on May. 17, 2009

• Since she was born. It's perfectly safe under a few conditions. No holes to fall into, no super fluffy blankets/pillows to suffocate them, no morbidly obese parents, no drunk or medicated parents, and something to block them from falling off the bed (which hardly happens cause they like to cuddle w/ mom or dad).
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 1:33 PM on May. 17, 2009

• I never have and my oldest is 5 years.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 1:36 PM on May. 17, 2009

• With the first it was a couple of months before I realized that bringing him into bed w/ me was the best way to get a good night's sleep! With the second, the day he came home form the hospital. I always had a "sidecar" crib so that I could move baby onto his own sleeping surface when I wanted to, and just slide him over into bed with me as needed to nurse.

I had NO problems getting my kids out of the bed when I was ready to have them out. At 12 months they were in their own crib, sleeping 12 hours straight every night.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 4:06 PM on May. 17, 2009

• My DD is 3.5 and I have never allowed her to sleep in our bed unless she was sick! i don't think it is good for a marriage and you need to teach children to be independengt!
    Anonymous

• If your marriage is fragile enough for a sleeping baby to disturb it, it sucks to be you. Everyone knows children need love, comfort, and security. There's no a scrap of evidence saying that sleeping alone equals independence or that children need to be independent. They're children after all.
    Anonymous

• Never!! Once it gets started you can forget about your sex life!!!
    motherx6

Answer by motherx6 at 9:26 PM on May. 17, 2009

• Mine slept with us every night until she was about 8 weeks, now she starts off in her crib and may or may not end up in our bed for the second half of the night. She is ebf and only 10 weeks, so I don't feel bad bringing her in bed with us, but she is really noisy so it's not the best sleep for either of us.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 4:36 PM on May. 18, 2009