• In the Spotlight:

does ur hubby get up with baby in the middle of the night? mine doesnt, he didnt with my girls either i dont mind when he has to go to work the next day but it makes me so mad on the wk ends

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:52 PM on May. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• In the begining, my hubby got up to change diapers and then I would nurse the baby back to sleep. As the baby got older and didn't need his diaper changed at night, he stopped getting up. He will still get up if I need help with something and Johnathan is almost 17 months.
    aehanrahan

Answer by aehanrahan at 1:01 PM on May. 17, 2009

• Tell him he needs to be more involved. There's more to being a father and husband than bringing home the bacon. My toddler only wants me at night, so I wake up. But hubby takes her in the morning so I can sleep a little longer.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 1:30 PM on May. 17, 2009

• Well, when he isn't deployed or going to work the next morning, yes, my husband will get up with the kids if I need him or ask him to. Whichever of us gets up in the night then gets to sleep in the next morning though so I tend to take the night shift so I get to sleep in..... that's a luxury for me that I love to indulge in when I can!
    CorgiMomma

Answer by CorgiMomma at 1:40 PM on May. 17, 2009

• No. He never did. DD is 3 and a half and DS is 21 mos. It bothered me too, but I EBF, so really, what would be the point? What bothered me MORE was that he works 12:30 to 8:30 and does not get up in the morning to either help me, or give me a day to sleep in. It's happened only a handful of times, unless I was very sick. Now, I just started working, 8:30 am, so he HAS to get up. Then, when he leave for work, my mom watches them.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 1:42 PM on May. 17, 2009

• When my husband works the next day, he does other than that I do. But she sleeps through the night now so no big deal.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 2:27 PM on May. 17, 2009

• My DH doesn't get up. He never has and I haven't bigged him about it. He works 6 days a week now and I give him a break. However, when he gets home at night he will take care of the baby until he goes to bed. Once he goes to sleep she usaully only wakes up once a night. She sleeps really well and she's only 2 months.
    krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 2:31 PM on May. 17, 2009

• My dh never has... BUT tonight I'm taking my sleeping pill for the first time since the baby came home on 02/07 and he's "supposed" to be on night duty - lol. We'll see... this is baby number 5 - but in his defense, he does work 3 jobs.
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 5:17 PM on May. 17, 2009

• My husband recently started helping out on the weekends. But my daughter doesn't wake up as much in the middle of the night anymore. When she was born he took time off from work to help but I had to wake him up to help. It is upsetting sometime I feel like a single parent.
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 10:08 PM on May. 17, 2009

• My hunny and I have this schedule. He works Mon-Fri I am a SAHM; Monday through Friday I am on baby duty as we call it, sometimes during the week like when he gets home I will take a power nap or go run errands with my mom and he takes care of the lil one; as far as weekends go he is on baby duty from Friday around 6 until Sunday evening... so far so good I feel its also a way to get him more involved with our lil one being its our first and he is an only child as far as me coming from a family of 6. so yeah good luck
    lilmoma0127

Answer by lilmoma0127 at 10:58 PM on May. 17, 2009

• Nope, he doesn't and I work full-time, too. She is breastfed and doesn't poop at night (odd, I know) so there are no diaper changes. She's a quick eater, so I'm only up for about 10 mins. and she usually goes right back to sleep. In the beginning, this pissed me off big time, but since I work now, I like being up with her at night (I never thought I'd say that!) and I'm just used to it. THer'es not a whole lot he can do and his job is more demanding than mine, so I feel sorry for him when he gets up to try to help and just let him. I think it was worse when Iw as with her full-time cause I was sooo exhausted.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 4:34 PM on May. 18, 2009