negative people towards pregnancy

For example someone asked me how was i enjoying my pregnancy and i said im lovin it and some1 adds a comment says what u love it there isnt anything to love about being pregnant.so i said maybe not for you and she shut up.let me mind you she was pregnant with her 2nd child herself.another person asked me how far along i was and i told them and there like well only 3 more months till hell breaks loose.wtf is that? is it me or does anyone else get annoyed with the negativity towards having a baby.i look at it as the greatest thing that has ever happened to me.I personally think if you look at having a kid as a problem then mother hood is going to be a problem.any1 agree .

Desi2Sweet

Asked by Desi2Sweet at 12:53 PM on May. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I agree some people are rude... Mine was after pregnancy though My baby was three months old and crying for me (nobody else worked to calm her down at that particular time. Some witch comes up to me and says "You better break her of that right away otherwise she will grow up a poiled little brat"I wanted to punch her... instead I smiled and said Im sure we will be fine
    jhj4ever

Answer by jhj4ever at 1:02 PM on May. 17, 2009

• I love my kids but I have never been a fan of being pregnant. I dont like the crazy stuff that happens with your body or being ungodly uncomfortable for months. That doesnt mean I'm a bad mother. A person can dislike being pregnant and still love motherhood. To think other wise is ignorant.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 1:02 PM on May. 17, 2009

• I agree abbynzachmommy-
    I LOVE children, I LOVE being a mommy, but pregnancy was the worst time ever for me, I think those women that LOVE being pregnant and have easy going pregnancies are SO lucky, but being bitter and crabby came second nature to me, I tried not to, but I was so uncomforatble the whole time that i stayed by myself alot because i dont like to offend people with my comments about pregnancy-however I NEVER directed them twards anyone, only about my own pregnancy and feelings yet still people got offended and i was talking about myself!
    As for the comment that woman made to you-ignore it, people always think they no how to raise your baby better than you do-I here it from my sister and my mother and my friends (WHO DONT EVEN HAVE KIDS) everyday-in there own stupid and sick and annoying way there just trying to help
    Anonymous

• did she call me ignorant?
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 1:35 PM on May. 17, 2009

• I was not one of those women that enjoyed the first few months of pregnancy. I was so sick that all I wanted to do with hug the toilet bowl. One night I even slept by it because the linoleum floor was so nice and cooling on my cheeks, and when I started heaving at least I didn't have far to go. It turned I was dehydrated, so I had the whole gamut of dizziness, fainting, etc. Fun times!

My abhorrence of those first few months does not make me want this pregnancy any less. My husband and I had our hearts broken for two years before we got pregnant. My desire and love for this child does not mean I also have to love every minute of the pregnancy. Is it worth it? Absolutely. Do I have to love it? No way.

It's kinda like my love for the hubby-- I adore him. I hate the fact he leaves his dirty dishes by the sink rather than in the dishwasher, or picks his toenails while he watches tv. Gross. :)
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 1:42 PM on May. 17, 2009

• i can understand the other side of not enjoying pregnancy, but the way she made it sound was like it was the worst thing ever.i can understand some people didnt enjoy there pregnancy at times or some all the time and love there kids more than anything, but why be rude and try and put other people down is my problem.
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 1:53 PM on May. 17, 2009

• My first pregnancy was HORRIBLE and the delivery was even worse. I am still amazed I decided to have more kids! The other deliveries just made me realize how truly awful my first experience was. Lol! Anyway, I hate hearing comments like,"just wait until they're a teenager" or "oh, those terrible 2's". With that kind of an attitude I imagine you must dread those ages. I just ignore them or smile and say "I am looking forward to it." People make comments like that all the time. It's kind of sad that the majority (it seems) have a negative outlook on having kids. Just because that is what everyone says, doesn't mean you have to say it! (Hope that made sense-rambling, tired, and pregnant).
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 6:32 PM on May. 17, 2009