Is this wrong?

Is it wrong to feel fabulous that my son likes the same things I do? I love to read and he'd rather look at books than play with toys and he is obsessesed with the beach like I am. I'm so happy that he's turning out like me, but feel kind of bad for his dad that he doesn't like the same things his dad does...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:55 PM on May. 17, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• LOL...he's gonna change a lot from the time he goes to school on. Since you posted this is the 3-4 y/o category, I assume he's not in primary school yet. Right now, he's exposed to his parents more than anything (therefor influenced by you), saying he's 'turning out' like you is funny cause he's so young. Just wait mama, he's gonna be changing a bunch really soon.

Anonymous

• He's a momma's boy.
    Anonymous

• Give it a few months, it will change! lol My boys seem to take turns on what they like to do and would rather do....
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 1:38 PM on May. 17, 2009

• Kids go through changes. Enjoy it now because kids will go from mimicking their moms to preferring to do what their dads do. You'll find that you son will be the perfect mix between you and dh.
    mommabear2008

Answer by mommabear2008 at 2:59 PM on May. 17, 2009

• NOPE. he loves you. my kids love animals like I do, they like ro reduce, reuse, and recycle like I do, love to read like me...
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 8:58 PM on May. 17, 2009

• ehh that will change over time. if he enjoys books, GREAT! that is a wonderful hobby for a kid of any age. and the beach is relaxing...its fun...its outdoors.....
    it could be worse, at least you didnt say "he loves to sit in his room watching tv and talk on the phone" ...but that is teenage years lol
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 3:43 PM on May. 18, 2009