At what age do you think its okay to take your child to Fireworks?

My son is going to be two and half by the time of the fireworks.. I go every year, and i want to know do you think it is a smart idea to take him with me?

Lucasmomma17

Asked by Lucasmomma17 at 12:59 PM on May. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We have always taken our son to the fire works. He has been going since he was in the womb (and even while in it!). We just bring a blanket, food, diapers, warm clothes and toys.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 1:06 PM on May. 17, 2009

• My son was almost three months old his first July 4th. It never occurred to me not to take him.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 1:22 PM on May. 17, 2009

• My son didn't see fireworks til he was two and half. Not because I was worried about him being too young, but because the first year it was cold and raining and the year after that my husband was sick. My husband had what i think was a great idea. He found a video of fireworks online and showed it to our son so that he would know they are loud, that way we could all enjoy the fireworks.

I don't see any reason why you shouldn't take him. Just remember the bug spray and some warm clothes in case it gets cold.

Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 1:48 PM on May. 17, 2009

• My son was just over 2 months old his first 4th of July, he's been going every year since then.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 3:01 PM on May. 17, 2009