Ideas for daily activitys

I think my 17 month old son is getting bored dureing the day, he walks around wineing all day, and hes not hungry, or thirsty or need a diaper change, or a fever or tummy ache or anything so the only thing i can come up with is that hes bored! He usually a very happy boy! So i was hopeing some of yall could help me with cheap daily activitys that we could do together here at the house, to keep him ocupied! Hes got a million toys but i geuss hes bored with those to! I cant handle the wineing!

luvmylilman2007

Asked by luvmylilman2007 at 1:36 PM on May. 17, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yes, they do get bored and over-stimulated with toys that are from the store, HOWEVER, their are many "toys" around your house! At that age ours was big into stacking bowls, plastic drinking cups, putting things into and out of a box or any container. Anything really, kitchen utensils, wooden spoons, measuring cups, small cans of food (they can bite the plastic & boxes open) socks, shoes, washrags, unbreakable knick knacks, tennis balls, etc. Ours would put clothes in/out of laundry basket. Dirty or clean, didn't matter to him! LOL! Give him a bath and let him play in the water with cups and bath toys, funnels, things he can pour. Boys like "hands on" things. Play doh with cookie cutters, mud pies, fingerpaints (outside, old clothes or no clothes), coloring books. These are just some things I remember off the top of my head. Sometimes though they need about 5 minutes of Mommy Time, and then they'll run off a short while! :)
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 3:59 PM on May. 17, 2009

• I've noticed that sometimes my kids get this way if they have to be indoors all day. Try a short walk around the neighborhood. Use a stroller if he likes it but if he is a walker, let him walk. The goal isn't the distance, it is how much you can see. Look at clouds or flowers or cars or whatever is in your area. At 17 months, my son was my helper. He loved to clean the house with me (he wore out 3 toy vacuums until I finally bought him a real one!!) & he loved to help me cook. He would sit on the counter & pour in dry ingredients for me. Are you in a playgroup? I had one when 2 of my kids were toddlers & it was a ton of fun. We had it in a different house every week so all it cost was the gas money to get there (and we were all within a couple miles of each other). The kids loved it.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 5:46 PM on May. 17, 2009

• Playground playground playground :) That's my life saver! Put him in the tub with different containers just to mess around with water, or do the same with sand in a basin or sandbox, or let him play with beans and bowls or play doh on the kitchen table with various "tools" from around the kitchen - wander the neighborhood with him, and watch what he is drawn to, what he wants you to look at with him, color/fingerpaint, manhandle him :) (my boys love to "fly" on my feet and do "flips" with me) go to a library and play with puzzles/toys/storytime, dance in your living room, bake something "with" him, let him "help" wash the dishes, let him run run run, get an indoor tent or jumping apparatus, jump on the bed, chase him :), take a car ride and let him fall asleep - these are things we do with our very active and easily bored boys :)
    treehugginmama

Answer by treehugginmama at 12:25 AM on May. 18, 2009