WOULD YOU REALLY DIE FOR YOUR PARTNER OR CHILD?!

answer anonymously if you want-
But I always wanted to know how people TRULY felt about this-
I always said if a bullet was coming tward my family I would save my kids before my husband-but I wonder how many people feel that you can always have more babies-

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:38 PM on May. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• children are not "replaceable". i would die a 1000 deaths before i let harm come to my daughter...emotional, physical or mental. that is what being a parent is. and honestly, no i would not die for my partner. i love him very much but my daughter is so much more important to me.
    Anonymous

• For my kids yes. I place myself between oncoming cars and them. I place physically and emotionally myself before they get hurt in any other way. For my partner I'm not sure because of troubles.
    Anonymous

• i would do anything for my kids and if that meant dying then yeah i would.another child could never replace the ones i already have.
    kb24

Answer by kb24 at 1:43 PM on May. 17, 2009

• Yes I would.. But most of all I would die for Jesus Christ
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 2:02 PM on May. 17, 2009

• This is something I've always been intrigued by.

If I save my child, I don't get to spend anymore time with him so would it make a difference whether I died or he died?

If I had to choose between my child and my husband, would my husband die too? I don't want to leave my child an orphan with two dead parents. But I also don't want to leave my husband with a dead child AND wife. Would it be better to have a partner to mourn with over the loss of a child or a child to mourn with over a mother?

If I had to choose one child over another, does that show some sort of favorism? Does it mean that I love one child more than the other? Will the child that survives resent me for not protecting the other better?

I'm not saying that I wouldn't do anything and everything in my power to protect my child, because I would. I've just always wondered...
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 2:06 PM on May. 17, 2009

• I would die for my kids before my husband. He knows, and he is more than okay with it. Our kids aren't replaceable, any more than we are - and we've already lived, experienced some of our potential, and procreated. So if I have to fling someone off that proverbial life raft, it will be my husband. (Whom I love dearly, and I'd need some serious grief counseling if anything ever happened like that!) The survival of children is IMO the fundamental whole point of parenting, so yeah: whatever it takes. "We can make more" makes them more a commodity or an accessory.
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 2:07 PM on May. 17, 2009

• ok but u can always have more kids and u will never be able to get ur husband back.
    Anonymous