My child misses my EX

My ex and I dated for a little over a year. This is the only man my 3 year old has seen me with and they were very close. She does not see her father and they had a special bond since he was the only male role model in her life. She asks to call him before bed, constantly talks about him and wants to know when he is coming home. What can I do to make this easier on her?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:43 PM on May. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• if he's not coming back then try to focus on other things. I'm not sure a 3 yr old can understand the meaning of "friend". If so, tell the child he was a friend and sometimes friends have to leave. that young of a child has a short attention span. Don't dwell on him if the conversation begins. Change the subject as quickly as you can. These breakups are always hard on the little kids but they are resilient. They get over it in time just like we do.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:45 PM on May. 17, 2009

• if he is a good man id continue to let him be in her life! hes the only father shes known he can continue to be there for her as long as he is willing to commit to it :)
    mjbeyor

Answer by mjbeyor at 3:22 PM on May. 17, 2009