does anyone know

I have low iron. Like barely above anemic. After DD was born my doc kept me on prenatals for 3 mos and an iron supplement for that reason. I stopped taking my iron supp why im not sure but i recently started taking it again. My question is are there any foods i can eat that naturally boost my iron in addition to the supplement. I recently started school full time and i find that now i get that lightheaded fatique much easier which i assume is because im doing a lot more running around with barely any breaks. any ideas or suggestions welcome! oh and i get it especially bad when its hot outside..and ps i hate milk, gatorade and powerade..not sure if that matters but i wanted to put it out there in case anyone suggests those things

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:44 PM on May. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• The dark leafy greans contain Iron if i remember correctly... spinach -which i'm not fond of!
    STEAK STEAK STEAK! haha. I'm always just barely above anemic as well and I find that I'm often about to pass out lol. Try making sure that you're eating more than just three times a day.. carry around snacks like protein bars (which often contain iron) and nuts. Also, talk with your doc if you can about what things you can do other than just taking a multi-vitamin. The vitamin is the easiest way if you're crazy busy and just don't want to try to think about anything.
    momofkearra

Answer by momofkearra at 2:51 PM on May. 17, 2009

• My son was always considred anemic. No matter what i gave him to eat, he was always anemic. I bought iron enriched childrens vitamins (the ones iwth extra iron) and ever since then he hasn't had a problem.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 3:03 PM on May. 17, 2009

• creme of wheat is huge in iron and many cereals.
    saralouise

Answer by saralouise at 3:23 PM on May. 17, 2009