Do you have to take hormones for life after a hysterectomy?

momof4gr8tkids

Asked by momof4gr8tkids at 2:51 PM on May. 17, 2009 in Health

• No not necessarily my mother had one but they left her ovaries, she doesnt take hormones and seems to be fine expect she does complain of a hot flash every now and then.
    nursinghannah

Answer by nursinghannah at 3:17 PM on May. 17, 2009

• Thanks for the reply. They are taking my ovaries though.
    momof4gr8tkids

Answer by momof4gr8tkids at 3:43 PM on May. 17, 2009

• Three of my aunts had complete hysterecotmies and none of them are on hormones and that was over 20 years ago.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:05 PM on May. 17, 2009

• I have many friends who have had complete hysterectomies and none of them are taking hormones. Talk with doctor and see if you can go without for a while, if you don't have any symptoms that are too bothersome then don't worry about taking them.

ashandamymom

Answer by ashandamymom at 10:11 PM on May. 17, 2009

• I had an hysterectomy last year and my doctor left my ovaries. My doctor asked me if i wanted to take hormones and i told her no.
    kitty12

Answer by kitty12 at 11:00 AM on May. 18, 2009

• Thanks all this helps. I always have cysts on my ovaries and they say this one is localized and infected. Water retention,fever,enlarged uterus, pink fluid show. Saying from hormone imbalance. I'm just ready to get it all out..
    momof4gr8tkids

Answer by momof4gr8tkids at 6:48 PM on May. 18, 2009