what was your lifesaver? new baby help.

what was the one thing you just couldnt live without bringing home your new baby? for my cousin it was her boppy., my first is due in july.

BekaBug

Asked by BekaBug at 3:45 PM on May. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• a little floor swing .
    if it wasnt for that i would never get to clean or even just sit for a second iwth out her in my arms lol .
    also gotta love the boppy .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:48 PM on May. 17, 2009

• BOPPY, especially if you are breastfeeding... also get something to wear your baby in like a wrap or a sling! Dont get a hard carrier like a babybjorn because it is hard to get them in and out of and is useless for around the house.
    MarchMarie

Answer by MarchMarie at 3:50 PM on May. 17, 2009

• It's hard to pick just one thing...my top three would be a boppy, a white noise machine, and a cosleeper that goes in the bed like this: http://www.amazon.com/First-Years-Close-Secure-Sleeper/dp/B00012CHFI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1242589955&sr=8-1
    asyoulikeit

Answer by asyoulikeit at 3:56 PM on May. 17, 2009

• A bassient and a swing ! You will never ever take a shower without having the swing! get a big one though because my daughter is four months old and she loves her swing but without the mobile and lights i dunno how long she would last in it now! its so worth the money if mine broke today i would go out and buy another one immediately even if she out grows it next week!
    nursinghannah

Answer by nursinghannah at 4:08 PM on May. 17, 2009

• honestly lol...the car seat. My son is 5 weeks old and sometimes he naps there, and thats when he sleeps best. I guess because he is curled into the fetal position and feels secure. The next thing is my Little lamb Cradle Swing that I got from a firned. It not only goes front and back but rocks side to side-LIFESAVER . lol we have had many quiet meals thanks to those 2 things.good luck with your baby!
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 4:12 PM on May. 17, 2009

• Swing. I loved the swing, my son used it and so did my youngest. It would stop swinging after like 30 mins and if the baby started fussing it would start swinging again. It played lullabyes. I still have it just in case i ever get pregnant again..
    The Fisher Price Aquarium was also a lifesaver!
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 4:30 PM on May. 17, 2009

• My oldest--the swing, my middle--the crib mobile (he would "talk" to the animals), & with my youngest--the Baby Bjorn carrier. I used it around the house all the time & carried her all around Ireland & The Netherlands in it. A bassinet is great as well. Everyone said I didn't need one with my first b/c they outgrow it so fast. But then I got one as a gift with my second & loved it. He was so much more secure & comfortable, all snuggled in his basket. With the crib, I think they feel a bit overwhelmed by the open space. Good luck!
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 5:27 PM on May. 17, 2009

• A bassinet you can take around the house, and later a bouncy seat. It is great if you need to put the baby down for a short while (to do laundry etc.) You can also use the bouncy seat for the first feedings until the baby is ready for a highchair. I have one for my 3 month old. It vibrates, but we don't use that feature. Bad habit if you ask me.
    Congrats, and good luck.
    LilyandEmmasMom

Answer by LilyandEmmasMom at 5:52 PM on May. 17, 2009

• We have all kinds of gear and my very fussy newborn baby hated all of it! The thing she loved most and still does at 10 weeks is me! She wants to be held or right next ot me all the time! I guess I'd say a sling, since I could actually do things with her right next to me.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 4:32 PM on May. 18, 2009

• lavender bath my son had colic i would have lost my mind with out it
    michelleyucel

Answer by michelleyucel at 10:52 PM on May. 18, 2009