how do i tell my mother that i'm pregnant

i'm 17 yrs old and my mother 50 and i found out i was pregnant by my ex boyfriend that my mother chased away how am i 2 tell her

aributterfly17

Asked by aributterfly17 at 3:49 PM on May. 17, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• WOW daja-vu. I was pregnant at 17. It is a scary thing so I feel for ya. The best way to break it to her is by telling her the truth. If you try to hide it from her then it could hurt her more. Moms have a 6th sense. She can probably guess something is up with you already. But if you live with her (which it sounds like you do) tell her that you want to respect her and you would like her advice and support with whatever decisions you are going to make. Because in all honesty, this is where you need to step up and let maturity take place. Show your mom your mature and you love her. :) I hope it works out. These things helped me tell my mom. If you need anymore advice you can add me as a friend. GL
    kalioop

Answer by kalioop at 3:56 PM on May. 17, 2009

• Go to your counsellor at school or a teacher who's been very good to you over time and with that person tell her. Best best way would be to have a best friend's parent who's been nurturing to you help you tell or a trusted aunt. Talk with one of them first your plans to deliver or adopt what ever it is of different choices you have. Be strong, at the very least your guidance counsellor at school can help. If you're not in school then a trusted adult relative or friend. Be strong.
    Anonymous

• I am so sorry that you are faced with this. You are not obligated to tell her. In most states, a pregnant minor is considered an adult regarding her pregnancy. Have you decided how you are going to handle this? If you are planned to have and keep this baby, you need to inform the father, as he has legal rights and obligations.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:57 PM on May. 17, 2009

• Wow sweetie, I feel for you. I was 17 when I concieved my daughter, who is now 5. Thankfully I had a good man by my side. My sister, who's more like my mother anyways told me that I couldn't live with her anymore and basically kicked me out.
    First you need to seriously think of the implications and seriousness of having a child. Will you be able to provide for your baby? What will you do to live? Please feel free to send me a private message to talk further. Your mother may stay by your side, or she may kick you out into the harsh world... you have to be prepared for either circumstance. Take the time to think about things for a few days to a week, then, when you've gotten some answers for yourself take the time to sit your mother down as an adult and talk with her face to face.
    GOOD LUCK HUN!
    momofkearra

Answer by momofkearra at 3:59 PM on May. 17, 2009

• You are just going to have to tell her. Ask your counselor at school to help you. Good luck!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:55 PM on May. 17, 2009

• " Hey ma, guess what (long pause)...YOU'RE GONNA BE A GRANDMA!"
    MammaBella

Answer by MammaBella at 6:08 PM on May. 17, 2009

• You school counselor can help, so can a local christian crisis pregnancy center. don't go to planned parenthood though.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 8:51 PM on May. 17, 2009

• Just be honest with her.
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 8:59 PM on May. 17, 2009

• I am 50, I can take it. Just tell her Opps, I didn't use birthcaonrol Mom and I am Preggers! then you two can discuss your options. But do it soon because the farther along you are the less options you have.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 10:29 PM on May. 17, 2009

• tell her you may want to sit down for this one I'm not sure how to tell you and your probably gonna be upset when I say this but there is something I need to tell you.
    newmom179

Answer by newmom179 at 10:52 PM on May. 17, 2009