1st black Disney princess...

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b124369_rate-a-trailer_kiss_tell_princess_frog.html#comments

Here is the trailer. I am just not impressed. I am not AA but I ALWAYS look forward to a princess movie b/c I hav little girls. Please check out this trailer and tell me what you think. We own the move the Swan Princess, this movie looks like THAT studios animation capeabilities NOT Disney! I was expecting so much better.....anyone else?

momof030404

Asked by momof030404 at 3:56 PM on May. 17, 2009 in Entertainment

• I like it...looks like classic Disney.
    benjamink

Answer by benjamink at 4:09 PM on May. 17, 2009

• I fail to see the problem. It looks like Classic Disney to me. I would have wanted to see it when I was a little girl.

mommyluvsphilip

Answer by mommyluvsphilip at 4:16 PM on May. 17, 2009

• Its Classic Disney I'm happy they finally have a black princess i can not Wait to get it for my little girl. Its better than any black doll they offer me growing up

lilmama29113

Answer by lilmama29113 at 4:43 PM on May. 17, 2009

• ok...I wasn't saying that the movie looked bad. It looks cute. But I just don't think the animation is the same. Disney animation always looked different because they used more pages and more detail in their animation. I am just wondering if they got a little lazy on this because it's been so long since they put out a totally animated one.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 5:13 PM on May. 17, 2009

• i'm not trying to bash you but why if you only wanted people to check out the style in which the movie was done in to be analyzed and compared to previous Disney films why would you entitle your post 1st black Disney Princess? Why not just New Disney Princess film to be released and then discuss your comparisons. Why bring race or skin color into it?

I am a woman of color and a mother to an African American daughter and a bi-racial daughter and new or old style of animation we're looking forward to seeing the film when it's released as we have been anticipating it now for a while.

If you're gonna compare the movie styles then leave one's color and or race out of it - it does nothing but strain what could be a great conversation about Disney and animation.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 11:02 PM on May. 17, 2009

• I think it looks cool and I don't see any style/animation differences between this and other disney films.
    utopiaseas

Answer by utopiaseas at 12:07 PM on May. 18, 2009

• It is about time Disney had a black princess, it was a long time in coming.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:37 PM on May. 19, 2009

• I agree with ladybugkisses --leave race out of it! A princess is a princess! Children watch Disney movies for the animation of it. Little girls and mommies watch princess shows, because all girls want to be a princess sometime in there life!
    melmel1021

Answer by melmel1021 at 11:46 PM on May. 19, 2009