Party Planner?

I've been thinking of a way to get the SO's mom to move back to where we live by helping her find a job with cake decorating. Well I was thinking last night, and thought it would be a great idea for me to sell party supplies AND a party plan for birthdays. Basically you tell me what you're looking for in a birthday party or your child's likes and dislikes and I'll go over themes, plan the games, activities, food, and of course deco. Then refer So's mom for cake. What do you think Is this a good idea or not? Please be honest.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:59 PM on May. 17, 2009 in Money & Work

• This sounds like a business with very low startup and overhead costs. If you can come up with a workable marketing plan and catchy marketing literature, you will probably do well. Your SO's mom will need to have the use of a commercial kitchen, or will have to have her kitchen certified by the board of health. There are plenty of resources available for startup businesses; start with the SBA and SCORE.
    Good luck, and feel free to contact me with questions.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:16 PM on May. 17, 2009