How to tell him its over?

I have been dating my boyfriend for 6 years, and have two wonderful daughters with him. But Im thinking that it is time to move on, I mean I found someone that has a lot in common with me and that I enjoy talking to/being around. I dont want to end this on bad terms because I do love him....Im just not IN love with him anymore. Please help!

MassageMom090

Asked by MassageMom090 at 4:09 PM on May. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• Just let him know that...let him down easy. Chances are that if you are not IN love, then he probably feels it anyway. Let him know that you want to continue to be friends for your kids sake, and you want to be able to communicate about the kids, etc. I hope that it all works out for you, but sometimes Men have a hard time being "just friends" after they have been with you for so long. Good Luck.
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 4:11 PM on May. 17, 2009

• Talk to him about it. Are you having problems? How did you meet someone else if your with your boyfriend? Do you live together? You just need to tell him you don't feel the way you used to feel. Maybe you need some space and time to yourself. Or you can tell him honestly that you think you found someone else you feel you have more things in common with.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 4:12 PM on May. 17, 2009

• you need to end things before beginning a relationship with the new guy. No matter how you tell him he will be hurt and angry, especially when he learns you have been cheating.If you and the new guy really love each other, it wont hurt to take a break until you clean up your current situation.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 4:23 PM on May. 17, 2009

• First off, did anyone else read what I just read.... you found someone else w/out even figuring out how to respectfully leave your current relationship. If it were one of us posting about our SO that did this, the a"hole word would have been thrown all over the place. You escentially have been cheating on your SO, the guy your love, your kids father and you want advice on how to further break his heart?!?!? How dare you, you are selfish and the best way to end it is, to tell him the truth! That you found someone else and you want to leave him for it, SIMPLE! Why lie? I don't understand how you can be with someone for 6 years and have two kids, yet you don't know how to sympthaize or communicate well enought, to know how or what to say to break probably some of the most crucical new to him in his life. By no means do I mean to imply you don't deserve happines and love to the fullest, you just have to do it the right way
    Anonymous

Anonymous

• When your with someone for 6 years it is not as simple as telling him its over! And even if you did meet someone else relationships are always great when they first begin! Why dont you let some of the real problems in life set in and she how great that relationship is then! There is no way to let him down easly, you have children together, and lives together! You owe him enough respect to tell him what has been going on! And you should be ashamed of yourself for seeing another person before ending your relationship with a man you have been with for a long time! I think you are being selfish, did you even consider him, or your children? Being cheated on was the worst pain I have ever felt in my life, and it makes me sick that people could do that to someone else!
    Anonymous

• I love the saying "If the grass looks greener on the other side of the fence, fertilize your lawn!" But it sounds like you already climbed over the fence and you don't want to go back to your boyfriend.

I think you owe it to him to be honest and candid. Tell him how you feel about dating him for six years and sharing two daughters but that you are exploring another possibility that may involve spending the rest of your life with someone else.

I think if I read in between the lines correctly you referred to "dating" your boyfriend, not living together , and this other guy and you have things in common...maybe both wanting marriage? Six years can be a long time to invest without ever becoming a man's wife.
    haston

Answer by haston at 5:36 PM on May. 17, 2009

• Just tell him this is no longer working for you and you'd like to move on but wish him the best.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:47 PM on May. 17, 2009

• love the saying "If the grass looks greener on the other side of the fence, fertilize your lawn!" But it sounds like you already climbed over the fence and you don't want to go back to your boyfriend.

I completely agree with this! The grass if always greener on the other side. Be honest with him now.
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 7:05 PM on May. 17, 2009

• If find something suspicous about this profile. I've seen those little pics before...
    Anonymous