Is it okay to tan while pregnant?

Not in a tanning bed but outside? i was just asking to make sure that its okay.

savage7faith

Asked by savage7faith at 4:14 PM on May. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yes as long as you stay hydrated
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 4:15 PM on May. 17, 2009

• You know I'm not sure. I clicked on the ? thinking that you were asking about tanning beds, I was gonna say UM NO. LOL. But I'm not entirely sure about tanning outside.
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 4:15 PM on May. 17, 2009

• I think so. Just don't lay out for too long, maybe like 15 minutes and then go cool down for a while. You don't want your body temp to rise very much because it can cause damage to baby.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 4:15 PM on May. 17, 2009

• I actually asked my OB/GYN when I was pregnant with my son and he said that YES it is FINE to use a tanning bed as long as you stay hydrated and aren't in it for an excessive amount of time. Laying in the sun outside is NATURAL! All animals do it to some extent, unless you're a bat lol.
    Use a light sunscreen so you can stay out longer maybe... bring water with you..
    momofkearra

Answer by momofkearra at 4:17 PM on May. 17, 2009

• Your skin might splotch but it won't hurt the baby

Answer by admckenzie at 5:39 PM on May. 17, 2009

• any of it is fine as lomg as your body temp doesn't get above 101. Drink lots of water and stay cool
    mamaof2748

Answer by mamaof2748 at 6:54 PM on May. 17, 2009