my boyfriendand parents is asking me...

they is asking me to let my boyfriends family adopt our two daughters. I dont know about it, I am vary confussed and a little pissed off that they would ask it.

MassageMom090

Asked by MassageMom090 at 4:16 PM on May. 17, 2009 in Adoption

• Why? What is going on, that they would want to take your daughters from you??
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 4:17 PM on May. 17, 2009

• hmmm I think we need the full story. People don't ask to adopt other people's children unless there is some need they feel for the children's safety.
    momofkearra

Answer by momofkearra at 4:19 PM on May. 17, 2009

• I agree that you are not explaining enough. they would not just randomly want your kids.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 4:21 PM on May. 17, 2009

• You should think about counselling for yourself and your boyfriend. Could you use help and not want it from them?
    Anonymous

• I just read and responded to your other question...is it because you have met another guy and they feel you will take the kids away, or that this other guy is not safe around them? sounds like you have alot of stuff going on at one time...get some help, if not for you hon, for your kids. They are innocent and didnt ask to be caught in a battle.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 4:25 PM on May. 17, 2009

• You can tell him this: If he loves your kids enough to adopt them then he can marry you and be their stepdad. If they're real dad isn't involved in their lives then maybe adoption could be an option, but I don't think they should be asking before the two of you have even gotten to the point to talk about marriage. If you two broke up that would make a whole legal mess of things.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 4:26 PM on May. 17, 2009

• Ahhh...no! Okay so you expressed no desire to have your children being parented by other people? They are currently with you? Then what would give them the idea that this would be a good idea? If you intend to be the parent of your daughters: make health care decisions, make educational decisions, want to see them when ever you want....then NO! Once you sign your rights away you have no legal decision to over your children.
    Anonymous

• I agree, we arent hearing all the vital details here. If these ppl never expressed any interest in this idea before, why now? Something has changed to make them think the kids arent being taken care or maybe they are afraid you are going to cut the family out of their lives? Regardless of how you feel about the kids dad, that family is still their family & morally you cant just take them away from them. If that family is of no harm to them, they have every right to know these people & have them a part of their lives.
    Anonymous

• Honey, if you are willing and desire to continue in the parenting of your children you should absolutely be supported to do so! If there is no question as to the children's safety then children should remain with their mother. I would really encourage you to carefully consider where this request may have come from. If they are questioning your ability to parent (and shouldn't be) then stand firm in your resolve.
    PortAngeles1969

Answer by PortAngeles1969 at 9:48 PM on May. 17, 2009

• we need the rest of the story... there is stuff missing... why do they want to take them away. did you tell them about your other boyfriend and they are upset, is he a druggy... tell us more
    MamaHardy2008

Answer by MamaHardy2008 at 10:28 PM on May. 17, 2009