Names!

Do you ever find your self keeping your baby names to yourself so no one else can take them? I have been inlove with this one specific girls name and then i found out that a friend of a friend named her daughter that and i was so mad (even though i wasnt having a baby and whos to know if my next is to even be a girl) but it still mad me upset, so the night i told her that its what i would name my daughter IF i were to have one but only i would spell it different i then told her the name i would use if i were to have twin girls, which included the name she had just named her daughter. OK he daughter was only like 3 months old, NO plans to have another one anytime soon, then 30 min after i told her my 2nd girls name she told me she was prego again and i then found out just about a month ago she had a girl and named her my 2nd girls name! I will never leak another name ever again. is it just me or are there others like this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:17 PM on May. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I never told anyone my choices, not because I was afraid of them being stolen. But because I didn't want to hear anyone's opinions, and pressure to make me change the name. LOL. Once the baby was here and named, what could they say about it? You know?
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 4:20 PM on May. 17, 2009

• You are so right.. but then again it is so so hard to keep a really good name to your self.. you want to share it because you are so proud that you came up with it. I will give you a name that I would like for my next daughter... Kyla Nichoel
    Arielsmommy507

Answer by Arielsmommy507 at 4:45 PM on May. 17, 2009

• I'm 28 weeks and having a boy but the three names we liked for a girl was Jocelyn Mariah, Jocelyn Grace and Isabella Rose. Feel free to use any of those we won't be having any more babies. That stinks about your friend. I'd be really upset if it was a really close friend, but I never shared names I was going to use but I'd help friends think of names, maybe my third or fourth choice.
    jazzysmommy1004

Answer by jazzysmommy1004 at 4:52 PM on May. 17, 2009

• Personally, I don't really care. I mean...even if no one you knows names their baby those names, there will still be thousand of kids named that regardless. For example, I'm naming my baby Cooper. I told a friend who is also pregnant, who I had no idea even liked the name, and she looked kinda mad and said that she'd have to scratch that off of her list of MIDDLE names. Honestly...I was like...go ahead and give him that as a middle name....heck, even the first name...I don't care. My baby will be unique and special no matter what name I give him.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 4:53 PM on May. 17, 2009

• My sister got pregnant like Idk 12 weeks after I got pregnant-and EVERYTIME i came up with a baby name (even after I knew mine was a boy and she STILL has no clue what hers is) she sat me down and said because I was her younger sister I had to respect her wishes and I couldnt use ANY name she likes ONLY because she is planing on having 8 kids- it seemed as though EVERY name i had picked out she was planing on using-it hurt my feelins-eventually I just said screw it-I told her I was naming him colten James Visco-she freaked and was like IM USING JAMES- I told her to eat my A$$
    Anonymous