OMG! My boyfriends ex girl friend is freaking out! What should I do?

This is a very touchy subject for me. My grandfather spent most of my life in prison and now is out and he is a registered sex offender. I do not allow him around my daughter at all what so ever. He is never invited to family functions because he is not allowed to be around children... my boyfriend has a five year old son, his ex found out that my grand father was a sex offender and now she is telling him that he should not hang out with me anymore and that we should not be together. I do not understand how my grandpa's past has to do with me. If I had my way I think that people who molest children should all die and rot in hell! I hate people like that. I am not and would never be like that... ewh! So I am pretty upset that this is going on... So I need some advice.

Arielsmommy507

Asked by Arielsmommy507 at 4:28 PM on May. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• I can understand that his ex is upset, but she shouldn't be if you've assured her that her child will be nowhere around him. Your boyfriend should handle the situation, tell her your point of view, and if she can't accept it, that's her problem. Most likely you'll have to deal with her finding issue with you in other ways too, it's just how some people are.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 4:33 PM on May. 17, 2009

• Let him and her both know that your grandfather is not/ will not be a part of your life, that you do not agree with what he did either. So why should you be punished because of it??
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 4:34 PM on May. 17, 2009

• Maybe you should talk to her "BACK OFF BIOTCH!!!" HAHA jk. Maybe if tyou tell you personally that her son will NEVER be near your grandfather it can help reassure her..*shrug* thas weird shes freakning out about it tho, considering hes never around
    Anonymous

• First off, are you seriously worried that this "ex" of your current boyfriend is a threat to your relationship? Why is she talking to him anyways, and why hasn't he told her to shut up? If your relationship is serious and he cares for you than he'll do what is right and tell her that it is not her place to say anything negative about YOU. Your grandfather's past is of concern but it obviously sounds like you are doing the right thing by keeping him away from the children in the family. Generally speaking, once a sex offender ALWAYS a sex offender. I think it's important for you to disregard the ex and her words and probably make sure that your boyfriend does some time in the near future..
    momofkearra

Answer by momofkearra at 4:36 PM on May. 17, 2009

• Why are you worried about what his ex thinks, does, or says? What does HE say?
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 4:38 PM on May. 17, 2009

• You really have to put yourself in this lady's shoes. I would probably be doing the same thing. You have to look out for your own children, at all costs. Sorry Hon.
    Anonymous

• I can understand his ex being worried about it but by the sound of her reaction, it seems to me that she is using your grandpa as an excuse to pry your bf away from you.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 4:46 PM on May. 17, 2009

• I can see where his ex is coming from. If I were her, i'd be terrified as well. You can assure her all day long that the man isnt going to be any where near her son, but I know of many times in my life where people who weren't invited somewhere just showed up. She has no assurance 100% that her son isnt around this guy unless she's with him. So yeah, i'd be freaking out too. Your boyfriend needs to talk to her, and THEY need to work it out.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 4:53 PM on May. 17, 2009

• Dude, just switch places with her and think about sending your child into a situation that you have no control over and can only hope that people are telling you the truth. I'd be terrified as well. I'm sorry, it's not your fault....but mothers can be very very protective of their kids. Even animals are.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 5:21 PM on May. 17, 2009

• I'd freak out too if I thought my child was being taken anywhere that a sex offender might show up. She'll calm down but cut her some slack.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:46 PM on May. 17, 2009