home schooling my son

i have decided to home school my son. he is just in pre-school but i am going to do this at home to. what are some of the things i am going to need? i think i prity much know what to get but i want to be sure. so what do you all think i will need to get?

bigtimemom

Asked by bigtimemom at 4:47 PM on May. 17, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• prity? Google homeschooling and should get info.
    Anonymous

• You might want to start with basic spelling and grammar...
    Anonymous

• Before you begin this journey, make sure that you are aware of all of the state requirements, and all of the services available (some states allow homeschoolers to take PE, or other classes, at their neighborhood schools). You need to have your curriculum set, including your goals for the year. It is helpful to be in touch with other homeschoolers in your area; some states allow parents to share teaching (you may be great at math and another parent may be a science whiz). Yahoogroups has many homeschool groups, you can probably find one local to you.
    Enjoy your journey!

Answer by rkoloms at 6:27 PM on May. 17, 2009

• I want to hs my kids too and some ladies at church recommended Heart of Dakota so I plan on ordering their curriculum which is just one book :)
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 8:55 PM on May. 17, 2009

• I see from your profile you have a special needs child. You really need to consider whether you are equipped to do this. You may be! But you need to work through it, and look at all options. Some options could include in home tutors, partial days at school, anything. Be creative.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 10:02 PM on May. 17, 2009