What religion is Marylin Manson?

I was guessing Atheist because of the lyrics of one of the songs I just listened too, but I doubt I am right considering his other songs.

MythicMMM

Asked by MythicMMM at 5:16 PM on May. 17, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Atheist....raised Protestant and given the title as Priest of the Church of Satanism....a friend of his gave him that...if I re-call, it is mainly "for show".  As someone else said, he has issues with organized religion.

I love Manson.

anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 5:21 PM on May. 17, 2009

• He's an atheist now, was raised protestant. Really he just doesn't like organized religion.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 5:18 PM on May. 17, 2009

• http://www.manson-world.net/us/philosophie.php

:D

According to the google search I did, he's an ordained minister of the Church of Satan. May or may not be true. I didn't read the entire interview, but it's all about what he believes.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 5:19 PM on May. 17, 2009

• Would not surprise me in the least if he's a Christian, just like most of those other "scary, evil" rock stars. His wedding was non-denom.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:19 PM on May. 17, 2009

• what possible reason could you have to care?
    Anonymous

• Because she wanted to know....I didn't realize people had to have your okay before they posted anon.

anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 6:12 PM on May. 17, 2009

• He's Athiest with a touch of Satanist (although many Satanists are Athiest). He is good freinds with Amton Xander LeVay and that's where the Satanism comes in at, I'm not sure he's very active in that religion though... His father was a Prodistant Preacher, so that's how he was raised but I believe he quit going to church around age 14...

I'm not really a big fan now, but I was when I was younger. I just can't get in to all the heavy music now that I'm old... lol! But I think as a person he's awesome!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:21 PM on May. 17, 2009

• He was ordained in the CoS (Church of Satan) but it was just because Anton LaVey liked him a lot.....he does agree with Satanism, but does not claim to BE one.
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 7:35 PM on May. 17, 2009

• Noooo he is obviously Santan! jk...some people will get the humor.....

I don't know what religion he is nor do I really have a need to know, but you know he's freaking intelligent. His pwnage of Bill O'Riley was amazing. I think his intelligence actually shocked the jeezuhs out of Bill.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 7:59 PM on May. 17, 2009

• I have no idea what his current beliefs are but I'm assuming that he was raised Baptist since his father is a Baptist minister.

If his father was anything like our "baptist troll", she is going to be in for a shock when her kids reach adolescence!  Man would I love to be a fly on the wall when that happens lol.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:13 PM on May. 17, 2009