I get aunt flo on the 23rd. When can I take a pt???

I can hardly wait. When is the soonest I can take it????

mtmom278

Asked by mtmom278 at 5:21 PM on May. 17, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• You MAY get a positive 3-5 days before your period is due with an early pregnancy test but then again you might not. If you decided to test now I would make sure to pick up a few extra tests because the pregnancy hormone may not be strong enough to be detected yet. If you take one now and it is negative I would wait until you have missed your period and try again.
    SmileyMoo

Answer by SmileyMoo at 5:25 PM on May. 17, 2009

• "HCG is produced once the embryo has implanted.. Sperm and egg meet in the fallopian tube, then travel down the tube, that takes about 5-10 days then the embryo implants in the uterine lining and begins producing HCG. you can usually get a positive home test anywhere from 7-14 days after ovulation, but to avoid false negatives 14 days is recommended"
    That's from Wiki Answers ... a HPT detects this hormone, which I'm sure you know. I've also read that once implentation happens and the HCG hormone is released, it can be detected in your blood 3 days afterwards, and then your uterus "dumps" the hormone (don't understand the dumping thing) the hormone into urine and then it can be detected through a HPT..that takes 7-10 days.
    So if you have an idea of the possible conception date, that may help.
    Our condom broke, so I know the date and I'm patiently waiting. But I want to go test soooooo bad.
    izmelyly

Answer by izmelyly at 9:42 PM on May. 17, 2009

• tomorrow, the 18th. If it's negative and you're late, try again.
    izmelyly

Answer by izmelyly at 9:52 PM on May. 17, 2009

• tomorrow I just first response it can detect 5 days before your due which would be the 18th GoodLuck!
    Kryssi17

Answer by Kryssi17 at 10:20 PM on May. 17, 2009

• for the women who said there condom broke don't get to excited same thing happened to me an my husband and i guess the condom that we bought contains a lubricate that kills off the sperm if that happened because we broke numerous ones before having intercourse an i haven't gotten pregnant so i am thinking it was the condom cuz some are lubricated i would check that if i were you good luck!!
    ohmama213

Answer by ohmama213 at 1:31 AM on May. 18, 2009