my daughter has a mosquito bite

hello everyone my daughter gotten bit yesterday by a mosquito n now it's swollen and has a big lump around it,does anyone knw what a can put on it to make the swelling go away?

hotmamma09

Asked by hotmamma09 at 5:26 PM on May. 17, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You can try benadryl cream or hydrocortizone cream. When you first get a bite if you put vicks vaporum on the bite it takes the itch away. It takes time, but it will get better. I would keep the bite covered to keep her from itching a big hole in her skin.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 5:30 PM on May. 17, 2009

• Benadryl cream & try to keep her from scratching as that can make it worse & can also scar if she rips off the scab that will form. Keep an eye on her & if it gets larger or she develops any other symptoms, take her to the doctor. Moquitoes carry some diseases & it is also possible for the bite itself to become infected.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 5:38 PM on May. 17, 2009

• keep a close eye on it. if it gets hot and red, it may be cellulitis. put warm compresses on it; you can use toothpaste to alleviate the itch. before she goes to sleep, draw a circle around it; if it is bigger in the morning, call your health care practioner.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:59 PM on May. 17, 2009

• Aloe is great for bug bites too.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 6:29 PM on May. 17, 2009

• Aloe is the best and my 1st choice. Then comes, benadryl cream or spray.

TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 8:20 PM on May. 17, 2009