Im almost 28 weeks pregnant and im having reall sharp pains on my left side to where i cant walk , stand or move what could it be when i had a pain (not like this one) i went to the er and all they did was keep me thier for 5 hours and just tell me to drink alot of water and i do i do want to go sit in the er again for them to tell me the same thing again what can it be??

Asked by honeyb690 at 5:34 PM on May. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it could be your muscles stretching to accommodate your baby's growth. but i'm no expert or anything so if its something your really worried about call your doctor

Answer by jak89 at 5:37 PM on May. 17, 2009

• oh yea she still in thier kicking me a** while i have this pain

Answer by honeyb690 at 5:37 PM on May. 17, 2009

• muscle spasm? That's what I figure they gave you the water for. I'm sure they called your doctor so you should be ok but those things really hurt. Try stretching and see if that helps. Do the stretches in slow motions and in a set of three. Stretch whatever area is hurting.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:38 PM on May. 17, 2009

• I don't remember which side, but with my first I had EXTREME pain in my lower back. I finally went to the ER when I couldn't sleep. I was up all night. Anyway, it was kidney stones. Dring a TON of water, and if you can't handle the pain go back in. I was hospitalized twice with it! I hope you feel better soon.

Answer by micheledo at 5:45 PM on May. 17, 2009