Duped? What do you think?

You remember Jessie MacBeth? Democrats used him as the poster boy for Vets against the Iraq War? He was the fake “Army Ranger” thug who lied about serving in Iraq and was promoted by the Iraq Veterans Against the War until milbloggers exposed him as a total fraud.
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/6420AP_WA_Fake_Veteran.html

Well, there is a new one. Democratic politicians are dealing with news that the man they believed to be a former Marine and war veteran wounded in Iraq by a roadside bomb, in fact, never served in the military — but did spend time in a mental hospital.
He spoke at a Barack Obama veterans rally in front of the Capitol in July, co-hosted several events with then- congressional candidate Jared Polis and attacked Republican Senate candidate Bob Schaffer in a TV ad paid for by the national group Votevets.org.
http://www.denverpost.com/ci_12373595

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 5:38 PM on May. 17, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think these groups are using the same vetting team Obama uses for cabinet positions
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:41 PM on May. 17, 2009

• They should have done more research on the guy-especially when no Vet organizations had heard of him. Everyone wants to be One of The Few, The Proud...but that's a shady way of doing it.
    Anonymous

• LOVE your response NotPanicking!!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 5:48 PM on May. 17, 2009

• LOL...I was going for something along those lines but yours is way more eloquent then what I had in mind! I am with ya.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 5:50 PM on May. 17, 2009

• *NP....sorry left that out.
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 5:51 PM on May. 17, 2009

• Liberals cling onto anything/anyone that will voice their extreme opinions, even if they are in fact lying.
    Anonymous

• Geez, it's just disgusting. I saw a show 10 years ago on people who were claiming to be Vietnam vets, and they were protesting about how badly they were treated and they were getting all this attention. When they were investigated, only ONE had actually been in the military, and never actually left the States. He had spent most of his military "career" in the brig and was dishonorable discharged in less than a year. He had a Purple Heart medal he wore; turned out it was from the Korean war and he bought it in a pawn shop.

My dad was a lifer in the Army; those people who lie disgust me.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 5:53 PM on May. 17, 2009

• LOL, NP! I was thinking the exact same thing.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:56 PM on May. 17, 2009

• Where' s Oprah when we need her to yell at someone " Don't mess with me!"
    Poor Joe the Plumber, they said he was never a lowly plumber....I see how the diversion came into play there.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 6:04 PM on May. 17, 2009

• We had a neighbor like that. He had some sort of mental problem, not sure what, but he used to live in his parents' driveway - he'd pull out a recliner and stereo and tv and use the driveway like a living room, then sleep in a tent or in the recliner most nights. He'd only go in when it snowed or rained. Meanwhile, he had all this POWMIA stuff hanging up and stickers on everything, and he'd tell everyone he was a vet. Thing is, I don't think he was even old enough to have served. I know he wasn't nearly as old as my dad, and he came home in 72.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:19 PM on May. 17, 2009