wedding gift dilema-HELP

I need to purchase a wedding gift for my brother and his soon-to-be wife. Here is my dilema: First of all he is already in a home and established so things like "toaster" are out, plus they are not registering. I do not have a lot of money to spend (none as of right now) . I just had a baby seven weeks ago so the household income has been cut in half. I should also say that my brother got me a $500 gift card for baby things. So while I cannot spend that kind of money the gift really needs to be meaningful. Any suggestions would be great!!

babywhatnow

Asked by babywhatnow at 5:43 PM on May. 17, 2009 in Money & Work

• What about a breakfast in bed kit? This can be a simple or elaborate as you can manage: a bed tray, two each of: champagne glasses, plates, coffee mugs or cups and saucers, flatware, cloth napkins. If you buget allows, you can add a bottle of champagne, caviar, crackers, chocolates, etc. I have done this several times for friends, usually at Crate and Barrel.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:50 PM on May. 17, 2009

• Maybe you could get a bunch of pictures of the 2 of them together and make a photo book (shutterfly is great) of their "dating" era. Once they've been married for a while and have kids (if they don't already) it would be neat for them to look back on the "old times". Or possibly have pics of each of them from when they were babies up until present day and sort of do a timeline of their lives individually and as a couple... Good luck!!

dannydawna

Answer by dannydawna at 5:50 PM on May. 17, 2009

• That's a neat idea, rkoloms! I just might do that for DH for father's day! =)
    dannydawna

Answer by dannydawna at 5:51 PM on May. 17, 2009

• it would depend on what your brother and his mrs. is into example; my mom and her husband love fishing, i have tuns of pictures of them fishing so i would make a awesome picture frame and arrange some of the pictures nicely like scrapbook style. its cheep, meaningful and plus you'll have fun putting it together. good luck! and congrats on your new little one
    jak89

Answer by jak89 at 5:52 PM on May. 17, 2009

• For my daughter's wedding, as a personal and meaningful gift, I made her a recipe scrapbook. I took old family pictures to decorate the pages and then added a "family recipe" (either hand written or printed on fancy paper with the computer). For instance, my mom (who had passed away earlier that year that my daughter got married) always made a rum cake for Christmas. I had a picture of my daughter helping my mom 'cook' when she was a little girl - so I put that picture on the page with the rum cake recipe and decorated it with the scrapbooking items from Walmart. It was a HUGE hit and one she uses on a daily basis. She was so suprised and pleased that it made my heart melt. Good luck!
    ChristisCandles

Answer by ChristisCandles at 6:07 PM on May. 17, 2009

• Quality bath towels, bath towels are the last thing anyone buys for themselves. Even people with money rarely spend it on good bath towels. Go with a neutral color or matching bath color and buy the big ones, JCP has a really good sale right now and you can get some nice ones at a great price.
    I got my brother and his wife the high end towels from JCP in 1992 on sale, and they still have them! It was a great buy.
    http://www3.jcpenney.com/jcp/X5.aspx?DeptID=60157&CatID=60176&cmCatLevel=3&CmCatId=60157
    Anonymous

• engraphed picutre frame. If you have the invite, get a double frame and put hte invite in one side and let them put a wedding picture in the other.

For my SIL, I got a bunch of old pictures and grouped her and my brother by age and showed them growing up - one on each page. SHe loved it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on May. 18, 2009