When is my period suppose to start?

I had my baby a month ago and I'm wondering when I am suppose to start my period? I had blood shows that I thought was my period but than it would stop a day later. so whats the deal? =/

CandieGirl09

Asked by CandieGirl09 at 5:44 PM on May. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I do know there is noset tiome for it too
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:45 PM on May. 17, 2009

• Generally speaking, you will bleed for 4-6 weeks postpartum. After that is over (and yes, it will sometimes start & stop for a day or so), it will take a couple months to get back on a regular cycle. If you are breastfeeding, you may not see your period for months after the postpartum time. My didn't start again until my DD was almost 1 year old.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 5:49 PM on May. 17, 2009

• And Congratulations on your baby!!!
    funnyface1204

• If you breastfeed you may not get it for a very long time. I didn't get a real period for over a year.

MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 6:56 PM on May. 17, 2009

• I breastfed both of mine and after the initial bleeding after giving birth, I didn't get a period for over a year.

it's very different for every one. I've heard of people getting it back immediately, even if they breastfeed.
    WillDoDa

Answer by WillDoDa at 7:06 PM on May. 17, 2009

• Every woman is different. Women who breastfeed get the return of mensus at an AVERAGE of 14.5 months pp. However, some get it right away and some who do not breastfeed may have a few months without it. Basically, there is no right answer to that question.
    NoNonsenseMama

Answer by NoNonsenseMama at 8:47 PM on May. 17, 2009

• I had my first "real" period 3 mos PP.
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 9:12 PM on May. 17, 2009