What states have you been a tourist in? What did you see there?

We've been in MA/Boston:Museum of Science is GREAT!!!!! and Acquarium FUN!!!, Maryland/downtown shopping, Florida/Orlando: Disney World, NYC Times Square: Great Time especially the naked cowboy, VA/Chantily:Air and Space Museum HUGE!!!, NJ/Atlantic City:gambling and concerts, WDC:FREE MUSEUMS and concerts, PA/Philadelphia:Philadelphia ZOO So WORTH GOING TO and concerts. What U S places have you been in?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:48 PM on May. 17, 2009 in Travel

• Florida-Tampa, Daytona and Orlando-we went to Disney World and Bush gardens and the Beach the kids had a great time. Very humid but fun!

Arizona- Road Trip-Grand Canyon- It was so amazing we really enjoyed it.

Cancun- Girls getaway- Beautiful and fun.

Hawaii-Maui- Most amazing honeymoon ever!! I absolutely LOVED IT!

California-San Diego- We had a great time there for our one year anniversary.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 6:05 PM on May. 17, 2009

• well i grew up in VA so been to williamsburg, jamestown, and every tourist attraction in VA Beach.
    DC- smithsonian, zoo, memorials
    alot of historic stuff between VA and MD
    Baltimore, MD aquarium
    Kitty Hawk, Kill Devil Hills, NC-aquariums there and the beaches
    went to see family in ND and went to Canada to site see, got to ride an elephant somewhere don't know where was about 8
    and then just stopping at touristy type stuff between VA and LA to visit hubbys family
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 6:37 PM on May. 17, 2009

• we've lived all over so I will just list my favorite places we have visited: Sequoia , Yosemite, Arches and Grand Canyon, Shenendoah and Yellowstone National Parks. USS Arizona, The Queens Palace and The Kings Palace in Honolulu, Bishop Museaum, San Diego Zoo,and Wild Animal Park, The Natural History, Aerospace and Space museums in Balboa Park. The monuments in D.C...and I do mean ALLL, The Alamo, Tyler Rose Gardens, Tulum, Mexico-incredible ruins of the Mayan people. Cozumal-great snorkeling. My favorite Museum..and we are big museum people..Smithsonian Institute of American History.awesome, places.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:38 PM on May. 17, 2009

• Florida, Maine, Texas, Vermont, Utah, Nevada, Arizona,Hawaii, Ohio, Michigan, Tennessee, Georgia, North Carolina, California, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin,New york, Massachusetts,Washington, Virginia,Kentucky. and I have done other traveling as well, way too much to list! I have the travel "BUG"travel

chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 11:57 AM on May. 18, 2009

• We've done a lot of traveling. We actually lived in some of the places, but as far as tourism...
    When in Nebraska we did a few things in Omaha like the Henry Doorly Zoo. Places I've been in Texas are: San Antonio/New Braunfels (caverns, Sea World, Schlitterbahn, wildlife refuge, Aquarena springs, Riverwalk, Alamo, San Antonio Zoo), Galveston (Moody Gardens, Galveston Beach), Houston (Galleria, shopping). Louisiana: New Orleans (Bourbon Street, French Quarter), North Carolina (went to some beaches), California (San Diego), Hawaii (stayed on Oahu ON Waikiki beach), Oregon (camped out and drove through Hell's Canyon), Nevada (Las Vegas, spent an evening on the strip), New York (took the ferry to see the Statue of Liberty), Four Corners National Monument (NM, AZ, CO, UT), Washington (Seattle: space needle, Pikes Market, Qwest field). Also lived in Spain (near Sevilla), Guam (tons of beaches, etc), and visited Portugal!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:19 AM on May. 19, 2009

• We've stayed on the beaches of Maine in July. Weather was great, Food was excellent if you love sea food, this is the place to go.
    Stayed in Nags Head, NC... they had a lot of activities to do, but we didn't have much fun... we didn't plan well, and ended up stuck on the islands during a tropical storm.
    Myrtle Beach, SC.. was okay, but we weren't far enough south lol. We went during Easter, and the weather was still a bit chilly, so it cut down on a lot of our beach activities.
    Virginia Beach, VA, we stayed with relatives.. had a BLAST.. you find so much more to do when you know someone in the area, we went on a tour of the ships in Norfolk, went to a museum, hung out on the beach, etc.
    Syracuse, NY (just north of syracuse in Central Square, NY) we had a cottage on the lake there. Lake is a GREAT vacation place.. great fishing, and swimming there. it's a very shallow lake. Tons to do there... The State Fair, cont.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:00 AM on May. 19, 2009

• July 4th has the BEST fire works I've seen.. you can go by boat to see them on the route 81 bridge where it crosses where the canal and lake connect on the west end.. or take a day trip to Sylvan Beach, were you have a nice beach and bar, and an small amusement park.. great food. and Fire works are literally right above your head. Lots of things to do on the lake as well.
    Gettysburg, PA.. this is my favorite vacationing spot... there is literally a TON to do.. gift shopping, touring the battle field, Byod Bear Barn, Golf, Museums, etc... the great thing about this is: it close to Herseys Amusement park, Dutch Country, and DC.. all of which I've visited.

if you want more information on any of the places I've been, PM me.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:04 AM on May. 19, 2009

• Vermont-Wallingford White Rocks National Forest
    Burlington-Lake Champlain, Ben and Jerry's Factory
    covered bridges, kennedy borthers factory (Vergenes), Queechee Gorge
    Bennington, The monument
    New York-Adirondack park, Lake George, Saratoga Springs, the Race track, Lake Ontario, Niagara Falls
    Maine-Old Orchard beach has both a beach and an amusement park
    South Carolina-Charleston-beaches, USS Yorktown, The Hunley, America LaFrance Firetruck museum
    jenniferinvt23

Answer by jenniferinvt23 at 7:32 PM on May. 21, 2009