Do you have a favorite childhood memory of when you felt most loved, most nurtured by a caregiver being a parent, older sibling, another relative or friend's mom?

My mom used to give me apples to eat every day when a certain kids show was on. She was ok with me tubing out cuz I was also snacking healthy. And for my birthday and my brothers, she always always made each of us our favorite meals until we went moved away. My friend's mom nurtured me most incredibly when I got my first period, I was vacationing at their house. And when I was a kid and very sick my mom and dad too bought me my first minidress (shows my age!!!!) to cheer me up. What about you, what are your most nurtured childhood moments?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:57 PM on May. 17, 2009 in General Parenting

• My 12th birthday.
    Nothing fancy just some friends over to spend the night and some fun gifts.
    Mom just made sure we had lots of fun games and snacks and were left alone to goof off and didnt wig when we laughed late into the night.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 6:31 PM on May. 17, 2009

• I was always very affectionate and anyone who would let me sit on their lap, made me feel loved. Rarely my dad, and mom would have me on their laps, my grandpa before he died, and sometimes uncles who were visiting.

When I was a young adult, my mom helped me fix up my 1st place and came to spend the night with me from time to time and we became friends.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 7:49 PM on May. 17, 2009

• Making sweet potatoes at my Paternal Grandmothers house. I was so snmall I had to stand on the stool. She never yelled, or hit. She always had time for me. She gave me lots of hugs. I also got to go over to her house w/o the others kids sometimes and it made me feel special. It broke my heart when she died when I was 12.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:28 PM on May. 17, 2009