False Positive?

On 8dpo I had a positive pregnancy test on a clear blue easy . 9 dpo with another clear blue easy it was negative. Then took a first response and its negative. Anyone else ever experience a false positive on clear blue easy? Yes it was read it the time frame it popped up instantly.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:59 PM on May. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Hmm, I don't know. If it's been 8 dpo, then I don't think it could show up, because it takes 2 weeks for you to conceive, and it's only been 8 days. Sounds like a faulty test, but get it checked out in another week or so to be sure.
    Anonymous

• if it says positive its prolly positive mama! good luck- (get blood done)
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 6:04 PM on May. 17, 2009

• If she TTC 8 days ago, on her ovulation day, then it would be too soon because it takes two weeks before conception. Meaning that if her egg did get implanted with the sperm, it would take 2 weeks to actually conceive the baby. No one can know if they are pregnant only 8 days later, even if they are pregnant. That's why I said it sounds like a faulty test because it can't be detected by a pregnancy test that soon anyway. Usually people don't know until at LEAST 3 weeks of pregnancy.
    The only way is if you happened to have gotten pregnant LAST month or something.
    Anonymous

• yes you can get a positive at 8dpo, i would test again in a few days, or go to the dr and get a HCG quant. GL
    mamaof2748

Answer by mamaof2748 at 6:52 PM on May. 17, 2009