On one side of his mouth Obama says, he is closing Gitmo, but then out of the other side...

Obama states he Plans to Hold Military Tribunals at Guantanamo...

Do you think Gitmo will really close in January?
What is your opinion of the tribunals?

The Obama administration won't say which of the 241 detainees at the prison in Cuba will be tried before the commission.
But experts say it will be almost impossible to conduct commissions there before its scheduled closure.
"There is no way in hell that they're going to get these commissions done by January of next year unless, for some odd reason, somebody decides to plead guilty," Charles "Cully" Stimson of the Heritage Foundation

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/05/16/politics/main5018988.shtml
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/05/14/obama-restart-terror-tribunals-guantanamo-bay-detainees/
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090515/wl_uk_afp/usjusticemilitaryrightsguantanamobritainreprieve

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 6:05 PM on May. 17, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think I love you today grly
    Yes, the onset of military tribunals will undoubtedly cause the closure of Gitmo to be delayed.
    But hey, he kept a promise, he signed legistation closing Gitmo, legislation that purposely left the open loophole which allows it to remain open in the event of military tribunals and the facility to remain open until such court cases are finished. That might be around 2012?
    Stop listening to Obama and start watching what he does.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 6:10 PM on May. 17, 2009

• He's like one huge ping pong table.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 6:11 PM on May. 17, 2009

• Akin, you are always saying that. I can't watch today, hangover. He confuses the sh*t out of me.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 6:13 PM on May. 17, 2009

• LOL.. Akin... This flip flop analagoy og Obama's is FUN!!!! He makes it sooooo easy. He's a schmuck. But he makes it easy, indeed.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 6:15 PM on May. 17, 2009

• I'm like a broken record or something, hangover? You have a hangover, damn girl, I hope you got some nookie too last night.
    I'm jealous!
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 6:15 PM on May. 17, 2009

• Do you think Gitmo will really close in January?  NO.

What is your opinion of the tribunals?  *snort*

Anonymous

• He's made 4 flip flops this week alone, who in the hell can keep up with that?
    Liberal media was referring to his flip flops this morning, as executive reconsideration. gmafb
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 6:17 PM on May. 17, 2009

• executive reconsideration

ROFL~ that is a media marketing scam if I ever heard one!

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 6:28 PM on May. 17, 2009

• executive reconsideration

Hmmm, I should try that with my hubby.  I wasn't wrong.  I didn't change my mind.  I made an "executive reconsideration"   LOL 

mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 6:32 PM on May. 17, 2009

• I sh*t you not, daybreak news this morning was calling it Executive Reconsideration.
    All I could think of was Overseas contigency operations and man made disasterists
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 6:35 PM on May. 17, 2009