can i get pregnant while on the depo shot?

toyam

Asked by toyam at 6:09 PM on May. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes it is possible but uncommon. But let me jus put a warning out there to you. How long have you been on Depo? I was on it for a year after I had my son 4 years ago. It has been 3 years since I was on it. My body reacted negativly to the Depo and it started by have periods that lasted for 2-3 weeks. Every 2-3 months. Depo caused me to get Endometriosis and Ovarian Disease. I can no longer have children and am scheduled for a Hysterectomy next month. Please watch how your body reacts to this drug. It is also known to cause strokes in woman 25-30 years of age. GL
    Anonymous

• the only 100% guarentee way to not get pregnate is abstinance !!!!!so nyea
    ashleystoner86

Answer by ashleystoner86 at 6:26 PM on May. 17, 2009

• If you have sex, you can get pregnant.
    Anonymous

• I just want to agree with anon. And add to what she said. I was on the depo shot for a about a year and a half, bled 75-80% of the time. So I basically had a period for MONTHS. I was on it for endometriosis and it was supposed to stop my period. This is going to be TMI but I gave birth on my bathroom floor to a HUGE blob of tissue from the depo shot. I started getting contractions like you do when you go into labor, I was not sexually active for 3 years so I knew I wasn't pregnant. I went to the bathroom and sat on my floor for 6 hours til I pushed this thing out of me and then I started hemorraging and ended up in the hospital. The piece of tissue was about 7 inches long, 4 inches tall and 4-5 inches thick. I also gained 60lbs on the shot. I would not suggest the shot to ANYBODY and I encourage those on it to stop taking it if you notice anything weird.
    But yes, you can get pregnant no matter what form of BC you use.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 6:41 PM on May. 17, 2009

• yes nothing is 100 % unless you just dont have sex
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:44 PM on May. 17, 2009

• Depo is awful!!!! I was like a freshman in highschool when that first came out, and all my friends took it and would make fun of me for being "stupid" because I wouldn't take it and would still suffer with my period every month..... A year later I was the one laughing 1 got pregnant, 1 gain 60lbs and one broke out in such bad body acne no guys would give her the time a day.
    Anonymous

• yes the only 100% way to make sure you dont get preganant is to not have sex
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 8:20 PM on May. 17, 2009