Great ideas for 2yr old girl party?

I had planned on doing a mad hatter tea party but Im thinking that may be too old for her , and I should save it for her 3rd birthday! Any help would be much appreciated!!

kfoster624

Asked by kfoster624 at 6:11 PM on May. 17, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• hehe i was gonna say a favorite character tea party. that way everyone dresses up as their fave character and you can set them up in the back yard for a tea party
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 6:18 PM on May. 17, 2009

• Do you think she will enjoy that or will it be over her head and more for the parents?? Im ridiculous at planning parties, so Im trying to rein myself in and make it just for her, without going too over the top!
    kfoster624

Answer by kfoster624 at 6:26 PM on May. 17, 2009

• i think its a little of both at that age. for my daughters second we took the kids to a jump house place for about two hours then went back to my house for presents, food and cake. it was cheaper that way than if we'd done it all at the jump house, even with us paying for everyone to get in. shes a winter baby, if it'd been warm we would have just set the kids up outside w/balls, bubbles, etc..and just let them run around. at that age its really more running around than planned activities, but if you really want to do a more "themed" type of party than a character party at that age is good b/c the kids
    if she has a favorite movie or princess though then i'm sure she'd love it. you just have to not go to crazy. just cookies and juice (not tea) and thats why i suggested setting them up outside, whoever doesn't want to sit and participate in the tea party part of things, can run around and play outside and not destroy the CONT
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 6:30 PM on May. 17, 2009

• ok sorry but its' continued from the first paragraph...but kids at that age really get into those characters and think they are real and love to dress up and pretend to be them, so i think that'd be an ok theme for a party if that is what you are leaning towards doing. otherwise, just pull out some balls, get some bubbles at the dollar store, maybe set up a sprinkler or something if you have a backyard and let them play. they really play more by themselves than w/other children at that age anyways.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 6:32 PM on May. 17, 2009

• Thank you, you helped a lot! I think I will do the tea party just not go as overboard as I was going to, and definitely get some bubbles!!!
    kfoster624

Answer by kfoster624 at 6:36 PM on May. 17, 2009

• Is it during the summer? Maybe a mermaid party at the pool, or a camp out party with smores and crafts.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 8:21 PM on May. 17, 2009