so how bad is it that I'm craving another pregnancy just so I can conquer breastfeeding?

I failed at breastfeeding. I failed bad. my youngest is 8 mos...I'm having the urge to get pregnant again so I can succeed at breastfeeding and get another child out of the deal. :-|

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:22 PM on May. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Oh MOMMY you are not a failure as a mommy because you didn't only breastfeed. You are a success as a mommy because you have a child. Being a successful mom is about raising a child through fantastic times and hardships and adjusting ourselves and baby so we're all healthy and well. Babies do not only require breastmilk to be healthy. They require baths, clothing, toys, warmth, holding, smiles, sometimes meds and the many different ways to feed. I have bottle fed plus breastfed my babies. Snuggle your baby next to you with the bottle bring her up higher than your breast if you think baby will root for you if you want to feed naked. Snuggle baby in a bottle feeding only blankie to make the time more precious, a ba ba blankie baby will come to know is for bottles with yours and her smell on it. The bottles w/plastic deflatable inserts are fantastic. My breast fed only babies were no more healthy or sick than my botl fed.
    Anonymous

• Not breastfeeding doesn't make you less of a mom. Focus on this child and stop letting people make you feel like a failure. When it's time for another baby go ahead, but not just to BF.

Anonymous

• I loved being pregnant. I want another baby too. I keep thinking with the next one I will do it, breastfeed. I had a friend at my son's birthday who just had her second child. She formula feed her first and breastfeed her second. She is a great motivation for when I have my second child.
    Anonymous

• Breastfeeding is great but it also comes with a lot of hardships, make sure you are aware of that before you get yourself in the situation of crushed hopes (again?) breastfeeding doesnt always work out for everyone....that is good you want to try but dont push yourself before you understand the whole situation ok? I breastfed for 15mnths and wouldnt mind letting you in on some tips and the hardships.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 6:30 PM on May. 17, 2009

• honestly even if you have another you may still have problems breastfeedin
    Anonymous

• Theres nothing wrong with stopping at 8 months...is your baby happy??? is your baby healthy?? then don't kick yourself over it....it's propbably not the best reason to get pregnant again....
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 6:38 PM on May. 17, 2009

• That is not a reason to have a baby! Focus on the baby you have!
    Anonymous

• I didn't do the breastfeeding thing really well either, but I didn't have another child so I could nurse him. Your identity is not tied to whether or not you produced enough milk. I think you are putting too much emphasis on this. I didn't nurse any of my 3 sons for very long. They would have starved to death if I had. But, it wasn't about me. It was about them. I nursed a few weeks and then switched to a bottle. They were happy and by extention, so was I.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:16 PM on May. 17, 2009

• You need therapy.
    Anonymous