Just Curious, are there any sahm's who plan on staying home indefinitely?

I'm currently at home, with my 2 young children and really have no plans or desire to return to work full time. When my kids are school age I do plan on substitute teaching and maybe teaching pilates at the gym, but I never plan to return to full time work. Any others feel this way, or do most people plan on eventually going back full time?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:31 PM on May. 17, 2009 in General Parenting

• I made a commitment to be a SAHM...it was a full time job choice so no I never plan to go back to "full time" work. I do believe in still striving for what I want do to with myself and my life. I want to do so much and over the years to come while I raise my son and future kids I plan to gradually work towards those dreams. hope this makes sense lol :)
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 6:33 PM on May. 17, 2009

• Full time job out of the home...no. But I would love to have a job. I don't have a car, my husband works in another town and has a long drive, so I get the car on the weekends only. I just want to get out of the house really.
    Anonymous

• stay at homer here for soon to be twentyfive years, yes 25 years. My youngest is a teen. I've volunteered in schools and community, church but husband I feel I'm the best one to bring up our kids. Older two are just about out of the house and youngest one not for a good while yet. I support moms no matter who greets their kids after school. Being a mom is tough no matter where we are days or nights.
    Anonymous

• My hubby and I have no plans of me going back to work-even with the kids are out of the house. When that time comes I will have more time for church things and volunteer work.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 6:45 PM on May. 17, 2009

• I'm currently a SAHM, and when we get back to the states (Sept. 2010) I will try and get a job in Aviation Safety (this was the job field I was in). If I can't find a job doing that, then I will continue to stay at home till I find the job I want. But I do LOVE staying home with my kiddos. So it's not really a big deal if I find a job or not.

Aviators_Wife

Answer by Aviators_Wife at 6:46 PM on May. 17, 2009

• I haven't work since my husband and I got married almost 2 years ago. I was pregnant within a month, and now have two boys who were born a year apart. Our intentions have always been for me to stay home, we hope to have a large family, and will be homeschooling, I'll have plenty to keep me busy.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 6:54 PM on May. 17, 2009

• I honestly don't think I'm the "work full-time" type. I'm much happier at home, even though staying at home has its share of hardships.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:12 PM on May. 17, 2009

• Nope. Eventually when both kids are in school, I'll be doing my school as well. Once I'm done with school, they'll be old enough that me working won't be as big of a deal as it would when they're little, and once they're moved out, I definitely will have a full-time career.
    RanaAurora

Answer by RanaAurora at 7:20 PM on May. 17, 2009

• I quit work when my first was born and started day care when he was around a year old. When he started school, and I had another not far behind him, I quit day care so I could work in their classrooms, coach their games, be a girl scout leader, etc. I have a 12 and 3 year olds and a disability. I cannot work in their classrooms. It upsets my 12 year old, she says it isn't fair that I worked at school with the older kids and not with her. I'll never work again, nor will I ever stop feeling guilty. : (
    LoriW

Answer by LoriW at 7:26 PM on May. 17, 2009

• I don't plan to ever go back to work unless it is absolutely necessary for money reasons. I quit my job when I was 4 months pregnant with my first child and haven't worked since. That was 9 years ago. I have 3 kids in school full time and a 3yo at home. She'll start kindergarten in 2 years. Not sure what I'm going to do with 6 straight hours to myself, lol. I'm assuming my house will be a lot neater. I'll probably take some classes just to keep my mind working but I have no interest in going to school full time to get a degree either (maybe if I found something I was really interested in). I will have a lot more time for my crafts.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 7:44 PM on May. 17, 2009