Does anyone else have a child who pees all the time??

In the last 2 hours I have taken him to pee 6 times and it is not like there is only a small amount. Each time I take him there is a full amount. He has been potty trained for a while now. This happens several times a week now. There will be days where he uses the bathroom normal, and then days where I am taking him every 20 minutes.
The obvious answer would be the amount he is drinking, right? Well I have kept track and haven't noticed any difference in the amount of fluid he takes in on the days he pees alot vs days he pees a "normal" amount. There have been days where he drinks alot of water and milk and I think for sure he will be using the bathroom every few minutes, but he doesn't.
I don't get it. Has anyone else dealt with this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:37 PM on May. 17, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Was he drinking anything with caffeine in it? That could make him urinate more. If not, I would take him in to make sure it's not the first signs of diabetes.
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 6:48 PM on May. 17, 2009

• No he is only 3. No soda allowed for him. I have looked up diabetes symptoms and there would be more than him just having to pee. When I brought it up to his Dr at his recent check up she said the same thing. She didn't have anything that would cause this and just believed it was from drinking a lot of water and thought I was too stupid to notice whether or not that was the cause.

Anonymous

• Maybe he's having fun! Mommy's there, he's listening to his body,,,
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 8:56 PM on May. 17, 2009

• My soon to be 3 year old does the same thing. He's always been like that some days he doesn't go much at all other days its like he goes non stop.
    HomemakinMommy

Answer by HomemakinMommy at 9:50 PM on May. 17, 2009

• Sometimes, with Diabetes, having to pee a lot is the only symptom. Especially at his age.
    nursetina

Answer by nursetina at 12:12 AM on May. 18, 2009