If you could, would you?

My best friend has been trying to have a baby for the last 6-7 yrs. I've offered to be a suragate mom. Her and her husband have taken so many loans trying to conceive thru invetro and other ways I'm sure. I'd love for my best friend of 2o some years to have a baby of their own and not not have to adopt. Not there is anything wrong with that. But would you, let your best friend help in this kind of situation and how would you go about it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:56 PM on May. 17, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I would be a surrogate for my best friend if she wanted. I have no problem with that. I have no clue how to start with it though. Good luck if you do it.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 7:01 PM on May. 17, 2009

• um dont knowi cant seem to keep friends for some reason they say im a bitch but good luck with tat
    ashleystoner86

Answer by ashleystoner86 at 7:08 PM on May. 17, 2009

• I dont know if id be able to do it...but im pretty sure you can go to the same kinda place they do invetro and talk to them about it,..if they dont do it theyll atleast be able to tell yo where and how...
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 8:50 PM on May. 17, 2009

• I've offered to be a surrogate for someone. She said no. No hard feelings at all on this end. It is a very personal decision.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 9:01 PM on May. 17, 2009

• I couldn't do it. There's no way. I would get attached to the baby. Good for those that can do it but I couldn't. If I couldn't have a baby I would adopt. It would just be very odd for me ya know?

I think like Apex said, its' a very personal choice that some may or may not feel comfortable with.
    SmileyMoo

Answer by SmileyMoo at 9:13 PM on May. 17, 2009

• Me and my bestfriend of 14 years got on that subject outta the blue one last month..we'd both do it for eachother and our sisters'..no problmeo :) I've got 3 and one on the way so I dont think i'll need another baby anytime soon lol..but I think its a great idea so got for it :) Good luck! I mean just make sure she's gonna be there with you for everything and support you through it all and even after...ask questions and answer hers:)
    ItalianMommy3

Answer by ItalianMommy3 at 10:03 PM on May. 17, 2009

• I think that is beautiful. Honestly I have never thought surrogant mother was a good idea. Because sometimes the surrogant gets attached and doesnt want to give up the child they are carrying. But I to have a best friend of 20 + years... 23 to be exact and I would do it for her in a heart beat as well as my little sister. Because to me they are and always have been my sisters and my best friends and their happiness means so much to me. Please keep us updated. Good luck.
    Kryssi17

Answer by Kryssi17 at 10:24 PM on May. 17, 2009

• No, I couldn't do it. I thought about it because my best friend has been trying to have a baby for 3+ years and they just found out they can't have kids at all unless they do the invetro and they can't afford it. She asked me to do it for her, but I just couldn't. I love her, but I would love the baby and wouldn't be able to "give it away" even to my best friend.

PLUS DH and I were TTC until about 2 months ago and I've had 5 miscarriages because I don't carry children well, so I don't think I'll be having anymore.

Up until I started having health problems I though about being a surrogate for a total stranger, but I would have several conditions and I don't honestly think anyone would agree to them.

Good luck with whatever you choose, though.
    Nik8608

Answer by Nik8608 at 10:43 PM on May. 17, 2009