I have this nasty red rash that is slimy and smells under my stomach fat, what is it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:25 AM on Jun. 21, 2008 in Health

• I get this every summer and its from the sweat and moisture under your folds. When you go to the DR they will give you some cream, If that doesnt do it then they have some powder and medication in a pill form. Just keep the areas dry and clean as possible. It can be very itchy , try not to scratch, Hope this helps.
    Supermom253

Answer by Supermom253 at 9:24 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Sounds like yeast? Go to your doctor and they can prescribe a cream that will clean it up. Make sure it stays clean and dry. You should have it checked out either way, because you would not want that to be infected.
    sapient

Answer by sapient at 1:44 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Ok i get that under my boobs all the time. you can use baby powder to keep it dry. but u need to go to the dr to get meds to clear it up. but to prevent it use a powder or dont laugh but rub deoderant on the area to keep yourself from sweating there... in the summer it really helps.
    JerzisMommy

Answer by JerzisMommy at 4:02 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• This could be skin breakdown or an infection. I would encourage you to seek a doc's opinion on this.
    okiemom64

Answer by okiemom64 at 8:35 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Keep it clean and dry... it's probably a yeast infection. You can spray aerosol deodorant or use baby powder on it.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 2:03 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• i have a history of yeast infections all over my body, especially under my breasts and under folds of skin. if its very bad, i would suggest seeing a doctor. but, otherwise from searching online i found an inexpensive item that really helps..sounded funny when i read it, but i was willing to try anything other than a drug lol. it's Desitin Creamy thats used for babys diaper rash. i once got the ointment form by mistake and for some weird reason it doesnt work as well as the Desitin "creamy" ...i keep it on hand alll the time now! like the others said, its important to keep the areas dry as you can as this causes the yeast infections to get worse..i try to use some type of powder or deodorant when i think of it to prevent it. but when i get it, out comes the desitin creamy lol
    DeeDee1953

Answer by DeeDee1953 at 5:09 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I would go see a doctor because yeast doesn't smell. So while initally it may have been a yeast infection it sounds like you may have also developed a bacterial infection too that may require an antibiotic cream or antibiotics as well.
    EDHmom

Answer by EDHmom at 6:15 AM on Jun. 22, 2008