Contractions are getting closer and more intense...

But im only about 34 weeks along... last night they were about 10 minutes apart and really intense... i know its not labor... not yet... but between that, and how LOW the baby is, and the discharge im having that i think might be a leak in my water.....
anybody else have the severe contractions this early? and should it help me to dialate? this is my 2nd and i had bad contractions like this with my first-but not till the last 2 weeks...(he was 2 weeks late too) and it took forever for me to start dialating. what do u think?

trystons_mommy

Asked by trystons_mommy at 7:00 PM on May. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had really bad braxton hicks with my 2nd child. I remember some nights I would tell myself I would get up and go to the hospital in a hour if they didn't stop. They would take my breath away. But, they would always stop lol.
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 7:01 PM on May. 17, 2009

• If you think you are leaking any fluid I would contact your doctor right away.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 7:02 PM on May. 17, 2009

• Put on a pad and see if it gets wet. If it is amniotic fluid it will be more than regular discharge. Also for the contractions, When I was pregnant with my second baby I would get super intense contractions on occasion. They were so intense they would take my breath away and make me tear up. When I went into to the hospital for my induction at 39 weeks I was already dilated to 5cm's.
    So each of those really bad ones is preparing your body to have that baby. If they get to be at regular intervals 7min apart definitely call your dr. Also if your pad gets soaked call your dr, It is possible to have a slow leak and think you are peeing yourself.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 7:14 PM on May. 17, 2009

• If you were me, I would go to L&D, jsut to be sure! I was leaking for a few days, causing in infection!! They didnt believe me!! Go to L&D!!! Just to be safe!!!! Good Luck!
    Anonymous

• id go see my doctor just to make sure...
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 8:36 PM on May. 17, 2009

• I'm 32 weeks and I have been having braxton hicks alot and some different discharge that's mucousy and stringy. My baby is also very, very low and having pressure down there but have been checked and everything is fine. My discharge sometimes is more like wet and like I peed myself but not alot and found out it was nothing.
    Anonymous