Do you follow the rules of etiquette?

Like, do you put your napkin on your lap and not put your elbows on the table and so on and so forth? Are you super conscious about it, or do you just not care?

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 7:20 PM on May. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I do, at least in public. At home, I don't use cloth napkins, but I still keep my elbows off the table while I'm eating.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 7:23 PM on May. 17, 2009

• Yes, when I am at lunch meetings. At home, who cares?! :-)
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 7:23 PM on May. 17, 2009

• I try to. I do care about it. I try to be courteous when driving, too.

Answer by Bmat at 7:23 PM on May. 17, 2009

• I am very etiquette happy lol I wasnt taught to be nor do I force it it jsut happens...I say excuse me I am polite about my elbow placing blah blah blah lol. Even at home..*sigh* hubby cant stand when I ask him to be respectable lol...hey we are trying to teach a 16 month old here lol
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 7:25 PM on May. 17, 2009

• I do in public - it's just what we do. I don't know if I put my elbows on the table at home... it might just be force of habit not to. At home we're courteous and have manners, and there's no talking with food in our mouths - but since my 2 yo has entirely disrobed at the table on occasion I'm not going to pretend we dine like the Queen has come to dinner every night. LOL!!!!!!
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 7:30 PM on May. 17, 2009

• I try to. My mom made me take a class when I was young called "White Gloves and Party Manners". I think manners are just there to make the people around you comfortable. If you are following the rules, they don't have to feel like running away and hiding. I enjoy being able to sit at a formal dinner and know how to behave and not wish I knew and then feel self-conscience. Plus, I'm southern. We hold doors and we all say "please", "thank you", "hi, how are you?", and "have a nice day". And that is just to strangers!
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:06 PM on May. 17, 2009

• I am etiquette conscious and I taught my kids to be also. Kids these days are rude, uncivilized idiots because their parents are rude uncivilized idiots. It's sickening.

Anonymous

• Absolutely! And I'm teaching my daughters to be ladylike as well. I sure wish MORE would be ladies!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:24 AM on May. 18, 2009

• im not complet;ly rude but i dont do the napkin thing
    mom2jade

Answer by mom2jade at 3:42 AM on May. 18, 2009

• I do my best, especially in public settings and I expect the same of my children (they are older teens and an adult).
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 5:50 PM on May. 18, 2009