Mold on my peat pots

I was about to put a couple of my seedlings into the ground when I noticed a bit of moldiness on the bottom of two of the peat pots! It wasn't there when I purchased them - These are ones that I bought already sprouted; I didn't grow them from seed. They've been on my counter for a few days as I haven't been able to plant them yet due to the rain. I kept the soil moist but didn't leave them in standing water or anything.

Should I go ahead and plant them in my bed? Do something to get rid of the mold first? Take them back to where I got them? Or just write them off and get new seedlings?

Collinsky

Asked by Collinsky at 7:50 PM on May. 17, 2009 in Home & Garden

• It probably because in the store they are kept in a crate that allows air to circulate underneath. Without the air circulation anything damp will grow mold.
    momandvet

Answer by momandvet at 2:35 PM on May. 18, 2009

• they'll be fine, just plant them.
    Anonymous

• They should be fine. Prob. had too much water.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 11:31 AM on May. 18, 2009