im trying to loose weight..

But I'm addicted to mt.dew! If I only drink one glass a day and the rest water, will that be ok? I need caffine but I don't like coffee.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:29 PM on May. 17, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I am also dieting. I am allowing myself one half of a Coke a day. I can't help it. I, too, am addicted. Just add that into your calories for the day and cut back on something else. It's all I can think of to do.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:32 PM on May. 17, 2009

• try using honey instead (manuka honey is very good for you} hibernation diet
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 8:35 PM on May. 17, 2009

• OMG! I am the same way! lol I thought I was the only one, and I dont know what it is about Mnt. Dew but it is worse than a drug! lol I am also trying to lose weight, so what I do is drink a whole bottle of water then I allow myself one can of soda and then after that I just drink water.
    mrsmamaj

Answer by mrsmamaj at 8:35 PM on May. 17, 2009

• Same here... I was telling my sister how skinny i would be if they could stop making soda's!!!
    faithful78

Answer by faithful78 at 8:35 PM on May. 17, 2009

• i had a soda today, here lately i too been drinking too much soda.. I need to stop, and yes i love mt dew...
    ahortiz5

Answer by ahortiz5 at 8:39 PM on May. 17, 2009

• No. Some will say "oh yea sure its okay" Nope. Thats why all of my "diets" failed. I allowed just a few of "this" and "that". You have to cut it out. If you want to drink something, drink diluted juice. atleast it has some sort of nutritional value to it unlike soda which is nothing but fat, sugar, sodium and EMPTY CALORIES!
    Get rid of it!
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 9:56 PM on May. 17, 2009

• you're addicted to the sugar (which USED to be called a drug, if you didnt know) and the caffeine. mt dew has sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much caffeine. you just need to "suffer" and not drink it. after it's COMPLETELY out of your system, you wont crave it anymore. but it will take at least 2 or 3 weeks to get it completely out of your system.
    jambalover

Answer by jambalover at 12:50 AM on May. 18, 2009

• You need to start buidling a healthy lifestyle; this has the added bonus of setting a great example for your kids.
    First, start walking; at least 20 min a day at least 3 times a week. Next, drink your water! at least 8 8oz glasses a day. Next, eat your fruits & veggies! 7-8 servings a day, in at least three different colors. Eat your whole grains (loaded with fiber, protein, and lots of energy-giving nutrients), 7 servings a day. Cut way back on (or eliminate) meat & dairy. Add beans, lentils & tofu to your diet. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html .Feel free to ask me any questions. -Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 9:32 AM on May. 18, 2009