When I ask who are you talking to on the phone does my 13 yo have the right to tell me "None of your business"?

felicia0923

Asked by felicia0923 at 8:40 PM on May. 17, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• No he or she doesnt have the right to tell you that! I would be grabbing the phone and hanging it up until he or she learns some respect! Ypur the mother!
    mrsmamaj

Answer by mrsmamaj at 8:42 PM on May. 17, 2009

• Well, I dont think they would be having phone access after that.
    Anonymous

• Nope. As I have stated over and over again, if you are supporting them and they are under your roof, they have NO rights. Get them to understand this early on, or they will walk all over you. If they want to be independent of your rules, they need to find their own place to live. It's my motto and it's what I used on my kids. Good Luck.
    Anonymous

• nope...as long as you pay the bills and they live under your roof..everything is your business
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 8:42 PM on May. 17, 2009

• of course not if you ask he/she should tell you who they are talking to if not I would take the cell phone away!
    rissa1789

Answer by rissa1789 at 8:43 PM on May. 17, 2009

• My mom would have knocked me into next week if I had said that. No she shouldn't talk to you that way. I would take away all phone privileges for two weeks for that one.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 8:43 PM on May. 17, 2009

• 3 kids here. youngest is a teen. you have the right to get answers to your questions with out explanation from you. mine know i snoop. i don't hide my mistrust of kids emotions or physical desires. they know the difference between my nosy questions and my concerned and over time they've lied very little.
    Anonymous

• No he has no right to talk to you like that! If I said that to my parents I would get a slap across the face!
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 8:45 PM on May. 17, 2009

• No, he doesn't. If you pay the bill, take the phone and don't let him use it. Be the parent and take control. That is going to be hard to do at this point. You have obiviously allowed him to talk to you this way in the past without punishing him for it. Now, you have to correct that and make him comply. This is going to require a lot of patience and being willing to stick with it through this.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:45 PM on May. 17, 2009

• In a perfect world... NO its wrong. But, teens these days have NO respect for parents.
    Anonymous