Is it crazy to change kitchen themes?

Right now, I have a couple bear kitchen things (bear cookie jar, bears paper towel holder) and country dishware that's kind of mixed but mostly stoneware with blue hearts. If we move, though and it doesn't quite match, would it be crazy to go with cows (to match the black dishwasher, fridge and stove in the house we looked at)?

TXdanielly

Asked by TXdanielly at 8:46 PM on May. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• You have to change your theme at least once a decade so you get a fresh, homey feeling in your own kitchen. You want to feel excited and have the urge to be in there on a daily basis with a theme that is new, refreshing, and pleases you.
    You go girl!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 4:45 PM on May. 18, 2009

• No why would that be crazy? New house, new decorations!
    mrsmamaj

Answer by mrsmamaj at 8:47 PM on May. 17, 2009

• Would you feel comfortable cooking ground beef while cows are watching you?

Anonymous

• I think you should just do whatever you want. I don't have a "theme". I just match colors and compliment them.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:49 PM on May. 17, 2009

• Not crazy at all! Go ahead and change! Why not! Especially if you can donate your perfectly good but now unmatching kitchen items to a thrift store or freecycle them so someone who needs them can put them to good use. I would say yes even if you weren't moving! Everyone needs a fresh look sometimes. :o)
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 8:49 PM on May. 17, 2009

• Go for it. The only thing i keep as a theme in my kitchen is the pot holders towels and curtians because i always want to change it. And that makes it alot eaiser. Other than that i just but everything black or white so it will go with anything i decide to go with.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 8:53 PM on May. 17, 2009

• LOL thanks!! and that anonymous one had me cracking up.

it's a very tiny kitchen so I thought (and I am just dreaming- we haven't even put a bid on this house) about a couple cows here and there, maybe some kind of toy the kids could play with that stayed in the kitchen.

TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 9:01 PM on May. 17, 2009

• do whatever you want...thats not crazy...
    Anonymous

LMFAO anon!!!

Hey, every time I move, I switch themes. It's nice to switch things up here and there.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 9:41 PM on May. 17, 2009

• nope! especially since its a new house! i have been in the same apartment for almost 3 yrs and we have changed the kitchen theme maybe 5 times! lol- out with the old in with the new i always say!
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 10:09 PM on May. 17, 2009