If you're a SAHM with no college education

Do you ever get worried about what would happen if you were to divorce? Do you think about how you would continue to stay on your feet? I've always wondered this. I think SAHMs are great but I also think they should have a back up plan, just in case. What's yours

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:55 PM on May. 17, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have just enough college education that IF something were to ever happen I can be an assistant teacher in a preschool. I just actually left a job doing just that and my husband was out of work on injury and not getting workers comp. My pay was enough to live paycheck to paycheck but still make sure my kids were fed and had a roof over their head. Also if it was really bad that is what public assistance is. It helps you get on your feet
    mommyin07n08

Answer by mommyin07n08 at 1:05 AM on May. 18, 2009

• kill him in child support make sure I get the house and nicer car and than go back to school I guess

Anonymous

• Amen to plan "B"~~~~
    Anonymous

• I agree. I know my man would never leave me but you never know what can happen. I want to go back to college and go to a nursing school. I just want to have a back up plan just in case something happens. I do wonder and I think I better get it done with now so I don't regret it later. Also once DS goes to school I will haven already had my nursing degree! I am looking into nursing school.
    Anonymous

• Child support has a cap on it in most states honey. LIKE 20% I only get 16% of his income and he could work partime and if you have more than one child.... its not any better. You wont even get as much for 2 as u do for the first!!!!!!!! Besides if he dies, there goes your child support/
    Anonymous

• I supported my husband and me the first four years of marriage. It was hard, but I know I can do it. I should hope I never get divorced or something happens to him, but if it did, I know I could make it.
    Anonymous

• It makes me nervous, too. I would have to like totally be poor if that happened. I know my husband would pay child support but that wouldnt be enough for my family to have our own place.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 9:03 PM on May. 17, 2009

• No. Im not going to plan on something that I hope never happens, planning for hurricanes, house fire is one thing-- planning for your marriage to fall apart is preparing for something that can be controlled & wedding vows should be taken a bit more seriously... I would be deeply HURT if my DH started to plan for our divorce! . If I see our relationship going south, sure I will plan --- to save it...
    The guy I married wouldnt walk out on us to fend for ourself. He is loving & caring, and even if in years to come we didnt work out, i believe he would help as much as I needed.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 9:03 PM on May. 17, 2009

• haha no here you can get 50% of his income as long as he has no other dependents and he wont because I only have kids with him and he makes a little over $90 thousand a year also If he dies my kids will get social security from him working ...I know I can get up to 50% because I have a son before we meet and I get that from his father until he pays all his back child support in full than she will lower it ;)

Anonymous

• I've already gone to college (a long while ago) and am planning to go back again. Being a SAHM was and is only a temporary thing till the kids go to school.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 9:46 PM on May. 17, 2009